register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Mima

2nd year WHV less than 6h daily

Hi.

Did anyone get their visa granted working less than "standard business day"? I am working in hospitality as a housekeeper and there is not enough work in this town so we work only 20 to 30 hours per week. I know some people got their visas approved like this but immigration is saying you need to have 35h per week. 

It use to be possible but I know they changed the rules in 2012, now you need to prove that any specified work undertaken conforms to the Australian working week (35-40 hours, consisting of 7-8 hours worked each day) for the second Working Holiday visa eligibility.  

The only way in which a working day of less than 7-8 hours will be acceptable to the Department, is where an individual employer shows the industry work day standard is less. This will be determined based on the type of work performed by the employee, so if you work as a banana picker, they will be assessing the length of these 10 days of work based on the industry work day standard for the banana grower sector generally."

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.