189 clinical psychologist

Krud

I recently received an invite to apply for the 189 as a clinical psychologist ANZSCO code 272311. I applied for this code because I have a doctorate in clinical psychology and this had been the profession I've been in since 2015 in the UK. When I had my skills assessment completed by APS, the form says this skills assessment can only be used for psychologist nec application ANZSCO code 272399. I did not apply for this code because my job description and role more closely match those of a clinical psychologist. When I look online it just says APS will assess skills but they only do an assessment to determine that your degree is comparable to the six year degree in Australia, I can not find how to get an assessment to determine specifically for clinical psychology. I'm unsure how to proceed and whether I can still apply for the 189 using the skills assessment I have. Has anyone else been in a similar boat?

If the first 4 digits of the ANZSCO code are the same, occupations are taken to be 'closely related’ for claiming work experience points.

If you have claimed work experience points, may I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent to review your EoI claims?