register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

james3680

Timeline for 489 visa grant after medicals

Hello everyone,

I completed medicals June 25th and also police check is uploaded. Can anyone advise their timelines to 489 visa grant after this? i.e after uploading police check and completing medicals.

Much appreciated.:S

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By JD3006
        Hi 
        I received notification of Tasmania sponsoring my 489 visa back in November 2017, I was then invited via Skill select to apply and pay for the visa which I did (13 Nov 2017)
        I now have an Immi Account where I can upload documents, apply for medical ( applied and passed ) and other things. 
        I have uploaded all Docs apart from UK police check as I need to put down a Case Officer name on the UK police application. 
        I have not yet heard anything from a "Case Officer" 
        would I get an email from somebody i.e "Hi my name is Joe Blogs and I'm your case officer.. I will need documents A, B, C etc etc" ??
        Im a bit concerned I haven't had any emails or notifications via Immi Account since 13 Nov 2016.. is this normal ? 
        Many Thanks. 

• By Sreeja
        Hi,
        Was searching for an on-going thread but couldn't find one, hence I am starting my own.
        My husband has been in Australia on his 489 for the past 2 years. He recently added me on the Subsequent Entrant 489 category in Nov 2017. Since I was already here visiting him therefore we applied under the on-shore category. In early December, a case officer (CO) responded back asking for additional documents which we duly submitted within a week's time. However its been over a month now (considering holiday season), and I am still waiting for a response from the CO. Can anyone please advise how much more time it'll probably take? The Immi website says subsequent entrant 489 is not a priority category hence it'll be processed on case basis. But I just want to know someone else's personal experience!
        Please do advise or share your timelines.
        Thanks!
      • By ssgaurav2000
        Hi All
        I recently received email saying that Case office was assigned to my case for 489 visa 
        Al though my Job code is not in State list but its in consolidated list . 
        What should i expect next ?

I have 75 points with State sponsorship 

Thanks 

• By Manonamission
        Hi All, 

First timer here, so be kind... 

I'm a UK resident married to an Aussie Wife, we have been together for 9 years or so. Married for 2.5 Years.  
        We have one 18month old little boy, with another one on the way. Due around July. 

The time has come, and we plan to head back to Aus in December. 

From what I can see, we will be able to get the kids Aus citizenship by descent, and this shouldn't cost too much, around £230 plus £95 for Additional newborn. 

I, on the other hand, will have to jump through the usual visa hoops and pay around 7k AUD. 
        The waiting time appears to be around 11 months if applied in the UK and 22months in AUS. 

I'm interested in advice to see if there's a better way of doing things as if I apply here and don't get my passport or visa back in time for me to fly in December, then I might be better off flying out on a tourist visa, and then applying to stay as such. 
        I would also be interested if anyone knows if there's a cheaper or better way of my doing things, as my wife and two kids i will all be citizens, will they still charge me 7k for the privilege, I thought a while back they use to do free or cheaper visa's if you had young children etc. 
        Any help would be appreciated. 

• By KPG
        Hi Guys,
        Well by God's grace things seem to be progressing well and hopefully if we clear our Health Check then we seem to inch closer in acquiring a 489 Visa  and considering it would take 5 to 6 months i.e. May - June we should have our visa in our hand. If things go as per plan then we intend doing our landing in Sept - Oct 2018 but I have many queries on how to go about it? 
        We are a family of 4 (2 children aged 9 and 4)
        which suburb in Adelaide do we decide to live in and what should be the criteria while choosing a suburb ? (close proximity to the city, schools, public transport etc) considering that there wont be any income when we reach, what is the monthly outgoing should we expect? We plan to rent  2 bedroom apartment / house. can my children get admissions in a government school? ( i know it wont be free as I am on a 489 visa) and what would the fee structure be like? (Grade 6 and Grade 1) what is the best way to scout for jobs? appreciate if anyone can share a template of CV's that are normally followed. are rental properties normally furnished or unfurnished?  can we get a short term rental where we can be flexible to move out once we decide on the suburb we want to live in? I would also appreciate any additional info that you think can be useful, like from your own experiences, lessons learnt, do's and don'ts etc.

Thank you.

KPG