Agent recommendations?

• 2 months later...

We didn't use a migration agent to save on costs and we've done just fine! most of them will just email, attach docs on your behalf anyway so unless you want to pay thousands for that I'd save yourself some money. The money saved could be flights, shipping costs etc. No disprespect to agents but I'd rather keep my money ? 

We have medical issues, OH has a criminal record and I have a son from a previous relationship but didn't feel the need to use an agent but I think it depends on whether you require the knowledge/experience of the process from a migration agent or not. There are a lot of recommendations on here for George Lombard especially in the case of medical issues but at the end of the day there's only the MOC that can determine whether you pass the health requirement. 

4 hours ago, Monks said:

We have medical issues, OH has a criminal record and I have a son from a previous relationship but didn't feel the need to use an agent but I think it depends on whether you require the knowledge/experience of the process from a migration agent or not. There are a lot of recommendations on here for George Lombard especially in the case of medical issues but at the end of the day there's only the MOC that can determine whether you pass the health requirement. 

Its not just the process, but sometimes its the way the case is resented - criminal convictions for instance, some guidance in how to explain mitigating circumstances can be vital. A good agent can phrase a case in a more convincing and clear manner than a layperson. I agree, this doesn't apply to the actual decision, only DIBP can make that, but sometimes having a professional with the right approach and language can make a difference if an explanation is needed.Likewise if someone has a complex custody case and has o idea how to go about sorting it ut, they may find an agent's guidance helps. With medical stuff I think the main advantage of speaking to an agent is just to get an idea as to whether its worth going ahead when there is a serious issue involved, and (as in my original application) can put someone's mind at rest when its nothing to worry about. 

A lot of it comes down to the applicant themselves too - some of us have more confidence with paperwork etc than others, and some ofus are more literate than others. 

On 29/08/2017 at 19:06, Sukhwinder Singh said:

LWEconsultant.com

On 29/08/2017 at 20:40, Nemesis said:

Are you sure that is the site of a registered migration agent? Looks like an education consultant to me.......a totally different animal.

13 hours ago, Sukhwinder Singh said:

Yes it is, but we keep this name as in India most of the people are obsessed with study visa.

Thanks

Sukhwinder Singh

So you are recommending your own services? 

According to the OMARA website, there are no Registered Migration Agents working for, or associated with the business you are promoting.

If you are a Registered Migration Agent yourself, you should disclose this fact in your signature.

Edited by Raul Senise
  • Like 1