Timeline (PMV 300) Applied in 2017

Hello all,

My British fiance applied for his Prospective Marriage visa on 01/06/2017. I wanted to start a new thread specifically for the Prospective Marriage visa subclass 300, where others can share their timelines if they like. The current processing times are as follows:

• 75% of applications processed in 11 months
  • 90% of applications processed in 16 months

Please feel free to share your timelines.

• Like 3

Application lodged Feb 2017 (London)

Request for medical and PCC March 2017

Documents sent April 2017

PMV granted May 2017

(don't have the exact dates at hand sorry! But it took 3 months almost to the day)

Good luck to all :) the one thing I would say is that gathering evidence can take more time than you might think as there is a lot of various things you can provide to give evidence of a relationship (bills, tickets, emails, interactions on social media, photos etc), so you need to allocate time to fish them out, scan/screencap, and organise them properly to make your CO's life easier!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheWayOfThePony said:

Application lodged Feb 2017 (London)

Request for medical and PCC March 2017

Documents sent April 2017

PMV granted May 2017

(don't have the exact dates at hand sorry! But it took 3 months almost to the day)

Good luck to all :) the one thing I would say is that gathering evidence can take more time than you might think as there is a lot of various things you can provide to give evidence of a relationship (bills, tickets, emails, interactions on social media, photos etc), so you need to allocate time to fish them out, scan/screencap, and organise them properly to make your CO's life easier!

Thanks for sharing, that's a really fast turnaround time!

15 hours ago, Starmaker said:

Lodged Application 12th March 2017 (London).

Request for medical and police checks 25th April 2017

Sent information by 29th May 2017

PMV  granted 6th June 2017.

Didn't really expect it to be this quick!! :) 

Thanks for sharing. When you applied in March, were the processing times still at 5 months or was it up at 11 months?

40 minutes ago, appletwist said:

Thanks for sharing. When you applied in March, were the processing times still at 5 months or was it up at 11 months?

It's not been listed at 5 months in years. The official processing time a few years ago was about 9 months and it's gone out to a bit longer in the past couple of years.

That they are processing applicatikns quicker at present could change at any point and so long as they are within their stated timeframe it's just a waiting game. 

I can't say for certain but I think it was 5-9 months when I looked on the site, but I didn't really pay much attention to that, as I was just so relieved after months of researching and gathering information to get the application in, lol! 

Good luck with it all! :) 

Applied 9th of January 

Request for more information on 7th March eg Police checks and Medicals for myself and police check for her

Visa granted Monday the 5th of June

So just under 5 months , ours took a little longer because our wedding date wasn't until feb next year so had to leave a little long before granting.

There arent many on here for PMV but recently they have all been fairly quite between 3 months and 6 months but its Case by case and its a lottery, I didn't expect mine until August so when my C/O rang on Monday past i was pleasantly surprised!

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/13/2017 at 04:48, Lever40 said:

Applied 9th of January 

Request for more information on 7th March eg Police checks and Medicals for myself and police check for her

Visa granted Monday the 5th of June

So just under 5 months , ours took a little longer because our wedding date wasn't until feb next year so had to leave a little long before granting.

There arent many on here for PMV but recently they have all been fairly quite between 3 months and 6 months but its Case by case and its a lottery, I didn't expect mine until August so when my C/O rang on Monday past i was pleasantly surprised!

Congrats on getting your visa, that was a fast turnaround. For your partner's Australian Federal Police check, did they apply online or post their application via mail?  My fiance received an email requesting that I do a police check and it says 'your sponsor will need to send their completed application to the AFP at the address on the form'. I would like to do it online as there is an option to do so.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi and congratulations on those who've been granted their Pmvs!!! 

Im amazed to hear they came through so fast do you have any advice as I'm hoping to put mine in this month ( I have to children with my ex and we have permission from court to relocate) am absolutely terrified of submitting the forms!! Xx

On 8/3/2017 at 06:12, Angelpie said:

Hi and congratulations on those who've been granted their Pmvs!!! 

Im amazed to hear they came through so fast do you have any advice as I'm hoping to put mine in this month ( I have to children with my ex and we have permission from court to relocate) am absolutely terrified of submitting the forms!! Xx

Hello,

Just make sure that you include everything that they ask for in the document checklist. You could even start scanning your documents onto your computer now, as it's a very long process, so that they are ready to be uploaded after you apply.

All the best.

Hi appletwist

ive started to gather my info / evidence , nearly passed out when I heard how much the Medicals were, does it matter when the letters from friends etc were dated the ones that I believe have to be certified? If they did them now would it be ok for when I lodge? I have sooooooo many questions xxx

7 hours ago, appletwist said:

Hello,

Just make sure that you include everything that they ask for in the document checklist. You could even start scanning your documents onto your computer now, as it's a very long process, so that they are ready to be uploaded after you apply.

All the best.

2 hours ago, Angelpie said:

Hi appletwist

ive started to gather my info / evidence , nearly passed out when I heard how much the Medicals were, does it matter when the letters from friends etc were dated the ones that I believe have to be certified? If they did them now would it be ok for when I lodge? I have sooooooo many questions xxx

Medicals are the cheap part ;)

The star decs need to be pretty recent. I think either within the last few months. I cant recall exactly how long. Best bet is to get them done and certified a few weeks before you plan to lodge. It's not difficult to organise. 

3 hours ago, Angelpie said:

Hi appletwist

Cost of medicals is a drop in the ocean compared to the visa itself and the total cost of emigrating. Remember the PMV may not look too costly alone but you have to be ready to fork out for the 820/801 soon after you marry 

I applied on 11/05 from Greece (uk passport) and haven't heard anything yet. I did the medical on 24/05 and it says that my medical has been completed, but the application still says received......
No idea what to expect or if it's been seen, anybody know what I should expect?

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

57 minutes ago, jimingrecia said:

I applied on 11/05 from Greece (uk passport) and haven't heard anything yet. I did the medical on 24/05 and it says that my medical has been completed, but the application still says received......
No idea what to expect or if it's been seen, anybody know what I should expect?

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Tbh if you've provided all the things expected and requested then it's just a waiting game. 

On 06/08/2017 at 11:53, Nemesis said:

Cost of medicals is a drop in the ocean compared to the visa itself and the total cost of emigrating. Remember the PMV may not look too costly alone but you have to be ready to fork out for the 820/801 soon after you marry 

Ooooh I know the visa costs in comparison are huge and like you say the next part of the visa isn't cheap either! 

Is there a set timescale that you have to be in Australia for? Say visas granted 5th of December how many months do you get to enter Australia?  Is it 9 months to marry after you enter oz or upon visa being granted?Xx

10 hours ago, Angelpie said:

Ooooh I know the visa costs in comparison are huge and like you say the next part of the visa isn't cheap either! 

Is there a set timescale that you have to be in Australia for? Say visas granted 5th of December how many months do you get to enter Australia?  Is it 9 months to marry after you enter oz or upon visa being granted?Xx

You have 9 months from the date of grant i which to a) enter Australia b) get married AND c) lodge the application for your Spouse Visa 820/901.

When you lodge the 820/801 most of the paperwork will be a duplication of the paperwork you already supplied, but its a new application so you have to provide it all again. 

8 hours ago, Nemesis said:

You have 9 months from the date of grant i which to a) enter Australia b) get married AND c) lodge the application for your Spouse Visa 820/901.

When you lodge the 820/801 most of the paperwork will be a duplication of the paperwork you already supplied, but its a new application so you have to provide it all again. 

Nemesis u r are legend I've read quite a few conflicting reports i.e. That it's based on the dates of medical reports etc which didn't make any sense to me .

ive managed to confuse myself several times lol 

can we use existing paperwork from the Pmv or does it have to be all done again from scratch ? 

9 hours ago, Angelpie said:

Nemesis u r are legend I've read quite a few conflicting reports i.e. That it's based on the dates of medical reports etc which didn't make any sense to me .

ive managed to confuse myself several times lol 

can we use existing paperwork from the Pmv or does it have to be all done again from scratch ? 

Validation dates based on medicals etc are generally for other visa types.

For a PMV you have 9 months from date of grant in which to do all three things. They may specify an entry date, that you won't know until its granted.

Don't do the medical and police check until requested though.

As for the paperwork = yes you can use most of it again, but they will also wanted updated Stat Decs from friends/family - reflecting your marriage, move to Oz etc. Also they will want evidence that you are now living with your partner - bills, rent etc with your name on, or bank statements showing how you pay for things together. 

1 minute ago, Nemesis said:

Validation dates based on medicals etc are generally for other visa types.

For a PMV you have 9 months from date of grant in which to do all three things. They may specify an entry date, that you won't know until its granted.

Don't do the medical and police check until requested though.

As for the paperwork = yes you can use most of it again, but they will also wanted updated Stat Decs from friends/family - reflecting your marriage, move to Oz etc. Also they will want evidence that you are now living with your partner - bills, rent etc with your name on, or bank statements showing how you pay for things together. 

That doesn't seem quite as daunting as the Pmv , the time frame for the Pmv is what's concerning me a little, the gov site says global processing times but no local times, after reading that some people are getting their pmvs in around five months if that were to happen it doesn't leave lots of time to ship the house , dog and everything else on top ? 

• 2 months later...