Benefits of sponsorship?

SUPERSTARDJ01

The major benefit is that it allows you to move, work and live legally in Australia.

The downside of a 457 (or it's new equivalent) is that she will be tied to that employer and that there is no automatic path to PR and citizenship.

They can sponsor her for PR which would be great, I think she is obliged to work for them for 2 years and then after that she is free to move but worth checking with an agent.

Now I am on my lap top and not on a phone, I will give a better answer.

The benefits are as I stated. The negatives are:

It is purely a temporary visa and to become permanent you would need to qualify for another visa at some point in the future. Do not assume that if you qualify now, you still will in the future as things change a lot. For example, the government have just changed the age limit for 186 187 and 189 visas from 50 to 45. Also, skills can drop off the list.

The visa is tied to the employer and if she were to lose her job for any reason, then she would have 60 days to secure another willing to sponsor or you all have to leave the country.

Another is that the partners of 457 holders can find it difficult to find work due to the temporary nature of their visa.

Finally, you would not be entitled to any state benefits such as child care assistance or the Oz equivalent of tax credits.