Migration agent

nicholiverpool

I look at like this, you are undertaking the biggest thing in your life. I think that warrants an expert.

in the years I have been on the forum, I have seen many people get a refusal because they didn't know they had a problem. And a refusal doesn't just mean loss of the thousands in fees, but also a potential ban on reapplying

44 minutes ago, nicholiverpool said:

I'm just curious as to who has gone alone to complete the visa and who has used an agent? 

Obviously I don't want to get it wrong but I don't want to spend a fortune on an agent. 

Is it worth it? How much extra did you need to pay? 

Going on the 189 x

I think the things you get with a good agent are advice about how to make the right choices on which pitch to make in your application and then knowledge of what the likely queries might be and how to be prepared, I applied once and did it myself all correctly but then got caught out by request for extra info at short notice and A)wasn't prepared for it and B) didn't know how to challenge the time scale we were given.

The agent managed the process well and was able to tell us when we needed things and made sure we got into the right stream with the right application from the outset, look for an outfit that has been around a fair time and make sure that the person handling you has processed people like you from a similar background

We paid £2,000 for agent fees as part of the whole process for skills assessment & visa application - when exchange rate was bad too. To me it was pennies, it was £1,000 each less than 6 weeks rent for something so important. So many people make mistakes that cost them their whole visa application charge and have to start over, and then pay for an agent too. Each individual has there own reasons. If you're very clued up on your skill and requirements, have lots of time on your hands and your case is easy then go for it! 

Good luck ☘☘

• 2 weeks later...

From my personal experience of my journey to Australia many years ago, I was faced with the same dilemma. I ended up engaging a migration agent to handle my case after realising how confused I became with information I got from different people and through internet. It was a decision well made because it gave me the peace of mind with knowing that an immigration expert is backing my application, I was well guided. Fortunately, I found an agent who only charged me A$1,000 from start to finish. Now that I'm an agent myself, understanding how it is to be on the other end, I encourage clients who may be on a tight budget to discuss what the exact services they may require to fit their budget so as to somehow support them. In saying this, I'm pretty sure other migration agents can also offer such flexibility so don't hesitate to ask. After all, engaging an agent doesn't have to be expensive, it has to be fair for both parties. You can find out more about the average fees agents charged on the MARA website.