Nursing in Australia

Kerri

I am currently in the process of gathering information for my anmac assessment to hopefully move to Australia.

Is anyone able to help me out a bit with a few questions?

1. Do I collect information myself (such as references and transcripts) and send them to anmac or do the uni and referees have to send these directly themselves?

2. How much are the fees to apply to AHPRA?

3. Once I have a LOD (assuming I get one) do I apply to AHPRA and for my visa simultaneously?

Any help would be appreciated.

You can send them yourself, or the uni may insist on sending transcript info direct - either is ok. Current reg verification and IELTS/language tests must be sent directly.

Check AHPRA site for latest fees.

Regarding when to do AHPRA - it depends. You must travel to Australia within 12 weeks to activate your AHPRA registration once it is approved in principle. If your visa is not granted in time, you may miss this date, or face an additional early flight out just to activate your registration. For this reason, many people wait until the end, or near the end, of their visa process before applying to AHPRA.

Regards,

Richard

You can send them yourself, or the uni may insist on sending transcript info direct - either is ok. Current reg verification and IELTS/language tests must be sent directly.

Check AHPRA site for latest fees.
Regarding when to do AHPRA - it depends. You must travel to Australia within 12 weeks to activate your AHPRA registration once it is approved in principle. If your visa is not granted in time, you may miss this date, or face an additional early flight out just to activate your registration. For this reason, many people wait until the end, or near the end, of their visa process before applying to AHPRA.

Regards,
Richard

Thanks so much for your reply! Very helpful and I thought I was perhaps best to wait before doing the AHPRA application. Thanks again.

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Hey Kerrie

I've booked my IELTS for July and whilst I'm waiting for that I've contacted my university to get my transcripts across so I can send them to ANMAC for the skills assessment. You have to have your IELTS result before you can apply to ANMAC, after that's all done you can then put in your IOE for your visa. Which visa are you going for out of interest? I'm going for the 189.

APHRA can take anything between 3-6 months to be approved but in the case it's approved within 3 months it's best to wait until you've got your visa approved before applying for APHRA as Richard says, you only have 12 weeks to present to Australia with your registration.

You also have to contact NMC and fill out an online form to say you want to emigrate to Australia and they then send confirmation of your registration to ANMAC too. Its all on the NMC online website.

Good luck! x

Hey Kerrie
I've booked my IELTS for July and whilst I'm waiting for that I've contacted my university to get my transcripts across so I can send them to ANMAC for the skills assessment. You have to have your IELTS result before you can apply to ANMAC, after that's all done you can then put in your IOE for your visa. Which visa are you going for out of interest? I'm going for the 189.
APHRA can take anything between 3-6 months to be approved but in the case it's approved within 3 months it's best to wait until you've got your visa approved before applying for APHRA as Richard says, you only have 12 weeks to present to Australia with your registration.
You also have to contact NMC and fill out an online form to say you want to emigrate to Australia and they then send confirmation of your registration to ANMAC too. Its all on the NMC online website.
Good luck! x

Hi Zoe!
I'm applying for the same visa as you. So far I've contacted uni for my transcripts and paid a fee for it so it should be on it's way and I'm doing IELTS in July too. I've requested references too. Then I'll apply to anmac with all of this. I didn't know about the NMC form so thanks for that piece of advice [emoji4]
I had read about the 12 weeks to present yourself and thought that was a tight time frame. I'm just panicking in case I get visas, book flights and move and AHPRA either say no! Or just take ages! It's all very exciting and confusing at the same time.
Good luck to you too x

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app