affordable suburb with good primary school Melbourne

Johnnyboy

Hello,

Can I ask if it's possible to recommend us some affordable suburbs in Melbourne with good primary schools (scores over 90), please?

Our budget is around 2k/month for a 3/4 bed house.

We're hoping for a leafy suburb with parks & shops nearby.

Thanks a lot in advance

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi @Angelo welcome to the forum, we can definitely help. Firstly where will you be working and how long are you willing to commute for? Most family Suburbs and in your price range would need a commute of between 35 - 60 mins to the CBD, however a lot of companies or work aren't based in the CBD.

In regards to schools are you looking at private schools or state schools?

Personally if I had to choose I would be looking at Berwick, but the old side not the new estates. You have a great choice of schools, a hospital, lovely botanical gardens, parks, sports facilities, shops, banks, a train station and a choice of properties from new builds to acreage.

Hello,

I'll be a field engineer so 30-60min to CBD is reasonable enough for us.We're looking for state schools with grades as close as possible to 100.

We have to avoid toll charges toward CBD and ideally good traffic towards there.

Thanks 

Edited by Angelo

Guest The Pom Queen

To be honest although you may find a high ranking school if they are state schools they are going to be zoned and finding a rental in the zone could prove problematic. If it was a church school or other independent school they don't really have zoning.

Guest The Pom Queen

Yes, each school varies with fees, some can be $3,000 a year some can be $50,000 a year. Catholic schools tend to be the cheaper ones and you don't need to be Catholic to attend although priority is always given to Catholic children