How long does it take and some questions

I'm a 39 year old single male looking looking to make a permanent move to Australia.  Melbourne specifically since I have family over there.  I've done a bit if research so I'm just looking for general  advice . My occupation of QC chemist or Chemist us on the CSOL list so I need to apply for a state sponsored subclass 189 visa.  The first step it steps get my qualifications and experience assessed with vetassess . Do the ielts and obtain at least a score of 7.0 across all 4 sections and then lodge an EOI.  Is everything right so far . I've a few queries

Who are the registered narn agents around here?  

I currently hold a 3 year ordinary bsc in science and  I'm starting an hons degree in biopharmaceutical science it's an online program so I can continue my studies in Australia if I wish.  I'm wondering if this would further support my application or would I need to have it completed?

Is the ielts compulsory for my application or is it just to increase my points total ?
The minimum I need is 7.0 across all sections, do I get more points if I score higher?
Do my points lower as I age? I just turned 39 ?
How many points do I need in total?I think it's 60

Once application is started how long do you think the visa will take to get?

Hi George.
The CSOL and SOL have changed and you now have a short term list and medium to long term list, all info is on the border.gov website.
The 189 visa isn't a state sponsored visa, the state sponsored visas are 489 which is temporary (extra 10 points) and the 190 is permanent but still state nominated which will give you 5 extra points.
The anzsco search website has a lot of information if you find your profession and do a search on there, plus the border.gov website.
As far as I'm aware all qualifications have to be completed if you wish to include them in your visa application. Although you already have the 15 points with your degree so anything further would be for your own benefit, unless it was a PhD.
I can't comment on your ielts score for your skills assessment, some do and some don't but for extra points if you score an 8 it's worth 20 extra points, 7 is 10 points.
You just missed out on 5 points being 39 but could make it up for how many years work experience you have.
Hope this helps.

BPD

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk