and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Majid shsam

Seeking a job work visa

Dear Admin,

Good day hope you may everything goes well

This is to inform you is there any suggestion to get work visa for 1,2 years please advice me.

Thanks regards,

Majid Shaam,

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Edited by MaggieMay24
Phone number removed

It would really help everyone if you could add what you do at the moment and if you have checked the new occupation list to see if you're still eligible.

Depending on your age and country you may/could still be eligible for a working holiday visa. But you would need to review this further.

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists

I would first start here to see if you can find a match to your current role or something similar. If you cannot find anything, then the chances of finding a sponsor or applying directly will be very slim.

The recent changes to the 457 visa have seen a crackdown and 2 different visas are now being put in place.

I do not know much, if anything, about your position so cannot comment about how easy or difficult it may be to find a sponsor or apply direct.

Take a look on seek.com.au, to give you an idea of similar roles being advertised.

8 hours ago, Majid shsam said:

Sri Lankan, working as brand ambassador with luxury fashion retail.

It is not an occupation I am familiar with, so as Evets has said, have a look at the occupation lists to see if there is anything that matches. I am afraid the jobs in this part of the forum are not available to you are they are for holders of working holiday visas and Sri Lanka is not a country that is eligible for these visas.

It is not an occupation I am familiar with, so as Evets has said, have a look at the occupation lists to see if there is anything that matches. I am afraid the jobs in this part of the forum are not available to you are they are for holders of working holiday visas and Sri Lanka is not a country that is eligible for these visas.

Well noted, is it possible to apply for fruit picker or any general work. Update me thanks.

1 hour ago, Majid shsam said:

Well noted, is it possible to apply for fruit picker or any general work. Update me thanks.

You need a visa first. And to be in Australia for WHV work. Applying for these sorts of jobs from overseas with no valid visa is not the way to go about it.