How long is it taking for 457 visa

On 5/31/2017 at 07:54, john hornsey said:

Hi all I'm looking for some advice my i lodged my visa application through tss 13 weeks ago and still haven't received anything I was told roughly 8-12 weeks I know there is slight delays due to all the changes does anybody know roughly how much longer these applications are taking ?

Subclass 457 processing times have been quite erratic since the changes were introduced. If your occupation is affected by the new caveats, processing will take longer. 

5 minutes ago, john hornsey said:

That's great thanks my occupation is as a chef I'm not sure if this has been affected by this or not

Chef is an occupation with a caveat, as there is a restriction on the type of establishment that can sponsor Chefs for subclass 457 visas. 

Chef is an occupation with a caveat, as there is a restriction on the type of establishment that can sponsor Chefs for subclass 457 visas. 

Oh ok do you know how I can found out more information on this ?
I have gone through a company called tss who
Have said that it isn't a problem as I qualify as a chef not a cook but they are not very clear how long the process will take originally they said 8-12 weeks it has now been 14 weeks

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

I will assume that TSS are Registered Agents. As such you should ask them to explain the situation to you clearly.

Be mindful that it will be difficult for them to give you any more than an estimate on processing time as this is not in their control.

Also bear in mind that processing times have increased since the changes were announced in April.