We are supposed to trust vets aren't we?

New shocking details have been revealed about the practice of a deregistered Booragoon vet who this month was forced to pay $200,000 in damages.

The State Administrative Tribunal found Elizabeth-Jo Willot Vickridge guilty of breaching the Veterinary Surgeons Regulations Act between July 2010 and February 2013, after she gave provision to a veterinary student on work placement to perform surgery on live animals.

Information regarding the watchdog's judgement last week reveals a number of her clinic employees were allowed to perform a range of prohibited tasks including euthanasia while she was absent from the practice, WA Today reports.

Elizabeth-Jo Willot Vickridge was found guilty of breaching the Veterinary Surgeons Regulations Act between July 2010 and February 2013

Vile.

Guest The Pom Queen

It happens a lot in the industry but usually with trainees not 15 year old staff. In regards to the ultrasound a lot of breeders own their own equipment and perform their own ultrasounds.

What the woman did was a huge risk to the animals in her care, I suppose she could argue that it was her own rabbit and students need to learn but by law they still have to be supervised.

I am surprised she got done for the euthanasia part, maybe because it was a clients pet and not their own, but I remember when I did the RSPCA wildlife course on euthanasia they claimed that by us not putting an animal to sleep we were at risk of being charged with animal cruelty and it was the same for the public, if an animal is suffering it must be put out of its misery but must be done humanly.