Pregnancy / Newborn during 186 visa process

Jellica

I don't think you can emigrate without the medical. You would need to have passed that for the visa to be granted. So if pregnant during the application process and needing to defer the medical (x ray when pregnant, some are ok with having one, others not) till after the baby was born. And then the visa process for the baby after they are born. 

If you had been granted the visa and then become pregnant and opt to move to Aus before the baby is born, it should be pretty straightforward. 

TBH no one can tell you if you should delay trying to get pregnant or not. Its your call. Speaking as someone who tried for a second baby for many years and had numerous losses I will say honestly that you cannot second guess your body or what may or may not happen. You could be trying to conceive for many months or get pregnant quickly, no one can know. If you want a baby, I'd say listen to your body and go with what feels right for you. If that is you try during the visa process, accept the things that may crop up and go with them re the visa, if you decide to wait till you are living in Aus, prepare yourself for all eventualities and be ok in your mind as to the possible down sides of delaying. 

Thanks snifter, so sorry you had troubles. we are keen to move to aus as soon as we can ... now we've decided its what we want to do, we feel a bit in limbo in the UK. Interesting about the medical, I know they request the medical at some point after youve submitted the visa request, is that quite near to the end of the process?

I'm thinking it might be best to carefully time it so hopefully we get the best of both. Vetassess have a processing time of 12 weeks for the work assessment and then the 186 has a processing time of upto 9months at the minute plus my partner has to give 12 weeks notice here once the visa has been granted. Ideally I would rather not be pregnant when they request the medical... but I think you are right, we'll see how it pans out and roll with it.

Any idea if we did have a Newborn? Would we be able to add it to our visa once it was being processed or would we have to start another application just for the baby?

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 00:48, Jellica said:

Thanks snifter, so sorry you had troubles. we are keen to move to aus as soon as we can ... now we've decided its what we want to do, we feel a bit in limbo in the UK. Interesting about the medical, I know they request the medical at some point after youve submitted the visa request, is that quite near to the end of the process?

I'm thinking it might be best to carefully time it so hopefully we get the best of both. Vetassess have a processing time of 12 weeks for the work assessment and then the 186 has a processing time of upto 9months at the minute plus my partner has to give 12 weeks notice here once the visa has been granted. Ideally I would rather not be pregnant when they request the medical... but I think you are right, we'll see how it pans out and roll with it.

Any idea if we did have a Newborn? Would we be able to add it to our visa once it was being processed or would we have to start another application just for the baby?

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Hi @Jellica I have a friend who has a similar story. They applied for 186 visa and got pregnant while the visa is still in process. She had to postpone her medical exam since she's not allowed to do X-ray. As soon as she gave birth, she proceeded to do the medical exam and added the newborn to their application. Though the process took a longer time due to her pregnancy.

• Like 1