POLICE CHECK EXPIRED

ItchyFeet76

Hi,

We applied for PR via the 186 Direct Entry route last December. My husband's employer nomination was approved the other day and, the next day, we were sent for our medicals (which we're doing on Tuesday). They didn't ask us to redo our UK police checks though and I'm wondering if they've forgotten and will ask at a later date (in which case should I redo them now, to save time, as they take around 4 weeks to come back?) or if they figure that, since we're now in Aus (on a 457) and haven't left the country since the police checks were done, there's no way we could have committed a crime in the UK since the checks were carried out....?

Also, roughly how long after the medicals do people tend to get a decision made on their visa...?

Thanks in advance :-)

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 18:58, ItchyFeet76 said:

Hi,

We applied for PR via the 186 Direct Entry route last December. My husband's employer nomination was approved the other day and, the next day, we were sent for our medicals (which we're doing on Tuesday). They didn't ask us to redo our UK police checks though and I'm wondering if they've forgotten and will ask at a later date (in which case should I redo them now, to save time, as they take around 4 weeks to come back?) or if they figure that, since we're now in Aus (on a 457) and haven't left the country since the police checks were done, there's no way we could have committed a crime in the UK since the checks were carried out....?

Also, roughly how long after the medicals do people tend to get a decision made on their visa...?

Thanks in advance :-)

Hi, I suggest to redo the Police check to save time. Though there are instances where the case officer won't ask for it anymore. But given the timeframe for 186 visa is about 6 months, you might need to wait a while first.

9 hours ago, wahid said:

you can try statutory declaration for the expired police clearance. my partner did it before and the immigration accepted it without any further questions. 

Hi there, thanks for your reply. What is a stat dec and how do I do one?

• 3 weeks later...

My nomination was approved on May 9 and further docs required on my visa, that includes statutory declaration.  All required docs provided on May 22.  CO picked up my file again on June 27 but is now saying my overseas police clearances are not acceptable as it's expired 1st week of June.  So what's the use of the statutory declaration now?  Also I've never returned to that country since then.  My colleague got approval on June 24 even when her PC was expired in May.  I should say the case officers don't have consistent rulings.

My MA advised to chase my CO to reconsider my PC since it's just weeks beyond the expiry date.  So now still waiting, thinking again when will my file be picked up.  Hopefully no more issues raised again as their initial checklist were all supplied. 

Edited by tinkerjourn

you can make statutory declaration and indicate there that your police clearance is already expired since you cannot get it again in your home country. you should also show the copy of your expired police clearance once you go to the justice of peace for authentication. this is what we did before and i dont know if this can apply to you case.