Please help: Foodora or Deliveroo? How will I get an ABN before successful application?

Exogenesis

Hi everybody,

I am a german backpacker on a WHV subclass 417.

I plan to work as a delivery driver in Sydney. Bicycle available. Not sure yet whether for Deliveroo or Foodora. To all you delivery drivers out there: Who to choose? Who has the better working conditions?

Besides Deliveroo wants me to provide an ABN, already before I have applied succesfully.  I cant apply without ABN.

I know I can apply for an ABN online, however I am having a little trouble with that, since I am supposed to enter an address and contact details of the business or organisation.

How do I know where I will work, if I dont have any confirmation yet? What if my application fails? Can I just fill in the address of Deliveroo and change this address later in case they dont approve my application? 

Last question: Should I buy lights and smartphone holder in advance or are they provided?

Edited by Exogenesis

Guest The Pom Queen

As you will be self employed you only need to put in your name and address. This is your business address with you as the contact.  You do not need to put down any person you may do work for.

I can't help re the lights and smartphone holder but I would wait until you get the job.

Can you be outside of Australia when applying for an ABN? You may have to wait till you have arrived and apply online. If it is the case it shouldn't be a big problem to do this.