Evisitor visa to 457 while in Australia w diff passports

OZnewbie

Hi all,

Just looking for some initial advice before I spend hours on the phone to immigration.

I have a dual citizenship so two passports. As I have experienced delays with my 456 visa, I wanted to do some travelling beforehand and so have had to enter the country on a evisitor visa under passport A (also because immigration was giving me hassles with passport B). My 457 is however linked to passport B. I need to somehow show immigration that I left before the 3 month max period on passport A so I dont 'overstay' my visa but I dont want to just take a flight if its not necessary. Does anyone know if it is just possible to inform immigration of this?

Thanks

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

I'm not sure I understand your question.  You need to leave Australia with passport A to that you comply with the conditions of your visitor visa.  If your 457 is granted before your visitor visa is granted, you could probably update DIBP to change your passport details for the 457 from passport B to passport A.  DIBP would be aware of both your passport as you need to provide those details with your visa applications (as far as I remember).