Jump to content
dotdotslash

May 2017 - Onshore Partner Application (820/801) Timelines

Recommended Posts

On 09/03/2018 at 08:24, Muttley said:

Our 820 was granted 8th March!! We applied on 14th June 2017 and a case officer reached out to us on 15th February!!!!

Congrats @Muttley

I hope we hear something positive soon too. Our timelines are similar to yours.

 


820 Visa Submitted: 18/05/2017 (Online) | Relationship: Defacto | Police Clearance: Front loaded (reapplied after 12 months) | Medicals: 31/05/2017 | Case Officer: 02/02/2018 | 820 GRANTED: 27/07/2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats @Muttley 

We applied onshore on 25 June 2017 using a migration agent and have not heard anything back yet, which I know is normal based on the processing times. On these forums I do see a lot of grants come through really quickly, some as quick as 4 months. My migration agent lodged ours as a paper application rather than online, she also advised me not to do Police checks or medicals as they would expire after 12 months. Do people find that the online applications are processed quicker?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RoRoRo said:

Congrats @Muttley 

We applied onshore on 25 June 2017 using a migration agent and have not heard anything back yet, which I know is normal based on the processing times. On these forums I do see a lot of grants come through really quickly, some as quick as 4 months. My migration agent lodged ours as a paper application rather than online, she also advised me not to do Police checks or medicals as they would expire after 12 months. Do people find that the online applications are processed quicker?

 

 

It might be worth getting onto your police checks and medicals as I bet they may reach out to you soon...


Arrived in Oz on 417 visa: 30.01.13 > 457 Applied: 13.06.13, 457 granted: 16.07.13

186 Direct Entry Nomination Lodged: 18.03.15 Application Lodged: 02.04.15 Granted: 08.07.15

Citizenship Application: 03.02.17 (Online) Test & Interview completed: 06.06.17 (emailed 15.02) Ceremony: 26.01.18

Girlfriends 820 submitted: 14.06.17 (online) Case Officer Assigned: 15.02.18 820 Granted: 8.03.18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/09/2017 at 10:20, dotdotslash said:

Another update for anybody interested in onshore 820 processing times.

It has been almost 4 months for us and we have not been assigned a case-officer yet. We expected this, but thought we would update if anybody else was interested to know that they onshore really does take long to start moving.

 

 

 

Hey, just wondered where you guys are at in terms of being assigned a case officer?

I decided to go full on optimistic and front load everything onto my 820/801 on the off chance it might get fast tracked as we're in a 3+ year relationship etc. Can't seem to find any real information about case officer assignment times, just the current (horrendous) 17 - 24 month current processing times... 

Cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
56 minutes ago, Hanbanan said:

Hey, just wondered where you guys are at in terms of being assigned a case officer?

I decided to go full on optimistic and front load everything onto my 820/801 on the off chance it might get fast tracked as we're in a 3+ year relationship etc. Can't seem to find any real information about case officer assignment times, just the current (horrendous) 17 - 24 month current processing times... 

Cheers 

You lodge and go into the rather long queue. I'm not aware they sit and look at who has been in a relationship the longest and give them priority. 

The processing times are long. Usually, from what I have read on here and elsewhere, a CO doesn't seem to be assigned till much later on as there isn't anything they do early on. Some people hear from them after a year, 18 months or so and then undertake medical and provide their police checks as asked and the visa is granted within a few months of that. 

Cases are being dealt with on shore and off these days I believe. As to if that will speed things up much, I don't know. It may make it a bit quicker but tbh I'd not expect a massively quick turnaround, but if it does happen its a bonus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, snifter said:

You lodge and go into the rather long queue. I'm not aware they sit and look at who has been in a relationship the longest and give them priority. 

The processing times are long. Usually, from what I have read on here and elsewhere, a CO doesn't seem to be assigned till much later on as there isn't anything they do early on. Some people hear from them after a year, 18 months or so and then undertake medical and provide their police checks as asked and the visa is granted within a few months of that. 

Cases are being dealt with on shore and off these days I believe. As to if that will speed things up much, I don't know. It may make it a bit quicker but tbh I'd not expect a massively quick turnaround, but if it does happen its a bonus. 

Hey, yeah that's generally what I've read, however a few visa migration agent sites have stated that they have started fast tracking "ready to go" applications in an attempt to get through the massive amount of applications. Also being in a 3+ year relationship means in theory the 801 could be put through with the 820 according to the home affairs website? I'm being super optimistic/hopeful/naive haha but was generaly just wondering about times for being assigned a CO and if they email you to let you know when yo have a CO or if it all just goes on behind the scenes?  Because my application asked me to go for a medical and attach police clearance info right after I submitted my application? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
31 minutes ago, Hanbanan said:

Hey, yeah that's generally what I've read, however a few visa migration agent sites have stated that they have started fast tracking "ready to go" applications in an attempt to get through the massive amount of applications. Also being in a 3+ year relationship means in theory the 801 could be put through with the 820 according to the home affairs website? I'm being super optimistic/hopeful/naive haha but was generaly just wondering about times for being assigned a CO and if they email you to let you know when yo have a CO or if it all just goes on behind the scenes?  Because my application asked me to go for a medical and attach police clearance info right after I submitted my application? 

I don't think anyone can tell you with any certainty. Its all over the shop these days in terms of where applications are processed, the speed of it and so on. 

There is nothing you can do tbh. Just sit and wait. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A quick update on our case. Still waiting unfortunately.

When our front-loaded police checks expired, they asked us to redo those. Not overjoyed about having to pay for those again. My partners medical checks are coming up for expiry too, so really hoping we don't get asked to do those again. It's the risk we took though and apart from the visa wait, everything else in Australia has been kind to us.

Almost 13 month wait for us now. Hopefully not too much longer.


820 Visa Submitted: 18/05/2017 (Online) | Relationship: Defacto | Police Clearance: Front loaded (reapplied after 12 months) | Medicals: 31/05/2017 | Case Officer: 02/02/2018 | 820 GRANTED: 27/07/2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This really is the luck of the draw - we just got our 820 granted (we lodged in February 2018). We front-loaded the application, and perhaps the fact we were applying on the back of a PMV sped up the process?

Looking at the grant it appears our application was processed in Victoria. 

Hope yours is in the post @dotdotslash 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
51 minutes ago, TheWayOfThePony said:

This really is the luck of the draw - we just got our 820 granted (we lodged in February 2018). We front-loaded the application, and perhaps the fact we were applying on the back of a PMV sped up the process?

Looking at the grant it appears our application was processed in Victoria. 

Hope yours is in the post @dotdotslash 

As I understand it, lodging for the on shore partner visa after having had a PMV granted, the wait time is usually far less. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, snifter said:

As I understand it, lodging for the on shore partner visa after having had a PMV granted, the wait time is usually far less. 

Yes that's what I figured - I suppose given the fact a 820 has to be applied within a very short time after getting the PMV, a lot of the criteria (genuine relationship, good character etc) have been ticked off already and recently, and it's just a matter of confirming it's still going on. Still - very happy and relieved!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another update: we received a message from IMMI on 2 July that our application was now "in progress". So hopefully not long for us now.

It's been roughly a 13.5 month wait for us so far.


820 Visa Submitted: 18/05/2017 (Online) | Relationship: Defacto | Police Clearance: Front loaded (reapplied after 12 months) | Medicals: 31/05/2017 | Case Officer: 02/02/2018 | 820 GRANTED: 27/07/2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got it! We finally got the 820 approved this morning.

14 months, 1 week approximately in total from submission to visa grant. We front-loaded everything. That doesn't appear to have been very beneficial.

 

 

  • Like 1

820 Visa Submitted: 18/05/2017 (Online) | Relationship: Defacto | Police Clearance: Front loaded (reapplied after 12 months) | Medicals: 31/05/2017 | Case Officer: 02/02/2018 | 820 GRANTED: 27/07/2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/07/2018 at 16:16, dotdotslash said:

We got it! We finally got the 820 approved this morning.

14 months, 1 week approximately in total from submission to visa grant. We front-loaded everything. That doesn't appear to have been very beneficial.

 

 

Finally! congratulations, what a relief it must be ?  you can put your feet up for 2 years!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TheWayOfThePony said:

Finally! congratulations, what a relief it must be ?  you can put your feet up for 2 years!

Thanks! Yes, it's a huge relief not having to worry anymore. We can stop checking the IMMI account on a monthly basis now! ?

I probably shouldn't think about it yet, but what happens for the 801? Do they contact us via IMMI when we are eligible to apply for the 801? We'll obviously keep them notified about any address changes or changes in circumstances etc. We'll also keep all of our bills etc so that we have evidence for the 801 when that day comes.

 

  • Like 1

820 Visa Submitted: 18/05/2017 (Online) | Relationship: Defacto | Police Clearance: Front loaded (reapplied after 12 months) | Medicals: 31/05/2017 | Case Officer: 02/02/2018 | 820 GRANTED: 27/07/2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't wait for them to invite me to apply. When the 2 years was up I applied for my 801 with the info they required. 1 year after that (May 2018 ) I got an email saying I had been granted my Permanent Partner Visa. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Biker Dave said:

I didn't wait for them to invite me to apply. When the 2 years was up I applied for my 801 with the info they required. 1 year after that (May 2018 ) I got an email saying I had been granted my Permanent Partner Visa. 

Just as well, they no longer send out reminders, it is up to the applicant to log in and apply, 2 years after the original application for 309/802. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes 

On 31/07/2018 at 15:36, Biker Dave said:

I didn't wait for them to invite me to apply. When the 2 years was up I applied for my 801 with the info they required. 1 year after that (May 2018 ) I got an email saying I had been granted my Permanent Partner Visa. 

Blimey, a year! And I'm guessing processing times can only get longer for that as well... well, good to know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we apply partner visa 820 because we are living in Australia but in different place she is in Sydney and me in Melbourne because she currently study in university we gonna register our marriage in July  already booked a date she finish her uni in 2021 that why I tell her to live over there until she finishe her study  if yes what document is needed please any body have any idea 

thank you 

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×