School Apprenticeships and OP's

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

I am not sure if I will get any response to this question but here goes.

My youngest is wanting to do a school based apprenticeship Cert III in commercial cookery, however, he still wants to go to uni and study Geology when he leaves school. If I allow him to do the Cert III is it going to help his OP score or hinder it? I was hoping with him starting the Cert 3 in Yr 10 he would have it completed by the end of Yr 12 but I'm advised schools aren't permitted to do this and he would have more study at the end of Yr12. Is this the same for a traineeship as well as the Certs?

Speak with the school, they will be best to advise what will assist him in his future pathway. Zak did a school based apprentiship from Yr 10 onwards and it led to a full time apprentiship when he graduated Yr 12, so they are awesome for those with no plans of future education. School were brilliant in helping and advising us on his best route through Yr 11 and Yr 12.

Cal x

Guest The Pom Queen
On 25/05/2017 at 21:27, calNgary said:

Speak with the school, they will be best to advise what will assist him in his future pathway. Zak did a school based apprentiship from Yr 10 onwards and it led to a full time apprentiship when he graduated Yr 12, so they are awesome for those with no plans of future education. School were brilliant in helping and advising us on his best route through Yr 11 and Yr 12.

Cal x

That's what I'm worried about that he may be forced to give up his plans of uni if he takes it on. Did it affect his OP @calNgary or his school studies?

On 5/26/2017 at 22:46, The Pom Queen said:

That's what I'm worried about that he may be forced to give up his plans of uni if he takes it on. Did it affect his OP @calNgary or his school studies?

No it actually helped him complete Yr 11 and Yr 12 as full time schooling wasnt working for him, he was always in trouble.This gave him that break and short school week. I had numerous meetings with his teachers, HOC, etc and it was them who recommended it, although it was us who found the placement for him.

Cal x