Angeleeloo

Direct entry 186, hairdresser Question

Hey guys,

At this moment I am trying to make sense like everybody else about all the visa changes.

I was wondered if somebody has a bit information about the following.

As we all know hairdressing has gone to the short skilled list.  My employer was going to sponsor me for a 457.  But because of the recent changes and no outlook on a PR.  we are deciding to go for a Direct entry 186 instead. I have only 3 months left on my study visa now.  And  with all of the extra requirement like extra skills assessments I  has a very little time frame to collect this all as well.  I would apply  for the 186  in September 2017.

They say that a 186  takes about a year to process.  So what happens in march 2018 as they not allow the short skilled list  for direct entry 186 Anymore.  Does anybody has any idea about this ? I try to call immigration the other day  but was unsuccessful to get anybody on the line. 

And did anybody completed a TRA and a extra prl  in less then 3 months ??

Love to read your comments! 

Thanks

Visa type: 186 ENS DE Onshore
Country risk: Low (2people)
Nomination lodged: August '17
Visa lodged: august '2017

Request extra information : 22 may 2019

further assesment status : 4 june 2019

grant nomination 6 juli 2019

GRANT Visa : 11 juli 2019

5 hours ago, Angeleeloo said:

Hey guys,

At this moment I am trying to make sense like everybody else about all the visa changes.

I was wondered if somebody has a bit information about the following.

As we all know hairdressing has gone to the short skilled list.  My employer was going to sponsor me for a 457.  But because of the recent changes and no outlook on a PR.  we are deciding to go for a Direct entry 186 instead. I have only 3 months left on my study visa now.  And  with all of the extra requirement like extra skills assessments I  has a very little time frame to collect this all as well.  I would apply  for the 186  in September 2017.

They say that a 186  takes about a year to process.  So what happens in march 2018 as they not allow the short skilled list  for direct entry 186 Anymore.  Does anybody has any idea about this ? I try to call immigration the other day  but was unsuccessful to get anybody on the line. 

And did anybody completed a TRA and a extra prl  in less then 3 months ??

Love to read your comments! 

Thanks

As far as I know is that if you lodge your application before 1/3/2018 then it should be fine orelse you have to provide 3 years of full time work experience