Bomb blast at Manchester Arena several dead.

As a father and human being, my thoughts and condolences are with those in Manchester and their families.

From the reports I have read, it is still too early to assign blame or to know the motivations behind the sick person(s) behind this attack.

Please refrain from knee jerk reactions and tarring whole groups of people/religons/nationalities with the same brush.  Nobody I know of any race, religon or nationality would condone such a horrendous act.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Toots said:

There is no excuse at all for killing innocent people.  If they are feeling hard done by - just go and top themselves and leave ordinary innocent people alone. I really just cannot understand them.  They are just mass murderers.  I'm talking about all terrorists over the years and in lots of different countries.

Obviously, but surely that should include the state sanctioned killings on the ground of innocents in other countries.

1 hour ago, Collie said:

As a father and human being, my thoughts and condolences are with those in Manchester and their families.

From the reports I have read, it is still too early to assign blame or to know the motivations behind the sick person(s) behind this attack.

Please refrain from knee jerk reactions and tarring whole groups of people/religons/nationalities with the same brush.  Nobody I know of any race, religon or nationality would condone such a horrendous act.

Right on. All people of goodwill will be despairing at the latest atrocity regardless of religion and race. One should remember those wanting to create fear and terror win, when the hatred of the majority is turned against a minority.

A lot of Muslims must feel increasingly uncomfortable today of their position in society there, let alone their security. Very sad.

38 minutes ago, simmo said:

They have asked ppl not to turn up and give blood.

They may well have been inundated.

Still it's always good to go donate if you are able. Anywhere in the UK having a donor day, people can go along. Could help save a life. 

They need to find out the motivation of this creep to assist with working out who the enemy is- was he a lone nutter or was he part of something organised ? It seems quite frequently these people are just pathetic out of control nutters and groups like ISIS Daesh  claim them as their own because it suits their evil agendas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, starlight7 said:

They need to find out the motivation of this creep to assist with working out who the enemy is- was he a lone nutter or was he part of something organised ? It seems quite frequently these people are just pathetic out of control nutters and groups like ISIS Daesh  claim them as their own because it suits their evil agendas.

read my previous posts for the last godknowshowlong ....the motivation is in the book itself .

some of the suras in the Koran are barbaric.

they carrying out to the letter ,what is written in the instruction manual ...seriously .

people of the book ( Jews and christians ) will be spared , as long as they pay a fine and accept 2nd class citizenship .

The rest ,that's shias , yazidis ,Sikhs,Hindus ,Buddhists, lgbt community ...are for the chop .

to these people , and there are many ,Islam and sharia law is the only path .

forget any so called " moderates" ,they will soon fall into line .

I would like to think murdering innocent children would be the straw that broke the camels back .....but the way western society is now , I cant see it

1 minute ago, bunbury61 said:

read my previous posts for the last godknowshowlong ....the motivation is in the book itself .

some of the suras in the Koran are barbaric.

they carrying out to the letter ,what is written in the instruction manual ...seriously .

people of the book ( Jews and christians ) will be spared , as long as they pay a fine and accept 2nd class citizenship .

The rest ,that's shias , yazidis ,Sikhs,Hindus ,Buddhists, lgbt community ...are for the chop .

to these people , and there are many ,Islam and sharia law is the only path .

forget any so called " moderates" ,they will soon fall into line .

I would like to think murdering innocent children would be the straw that broke the camels back .....but the way western society is now , I cant see it

So do we fight fire with fire or continue turning the other cheek? 

2 minutes ago, Sunset said:

So do we fight fire with fire or continue turning the other cheek? 

fight fire with fire against who ? ....these people are everywhere .

I laughed when bush jr stood on the battleship and said the war in Iraq had been won..

the powers that be have intentionally set the middle east on fire .

and now the war is everywhere ...sydney ,Madrid ,London ,Manchester.

you cannot change an ideology ...these might be the shopkeeper who serves you in the deli ...and the next day picks up an ak47 .

it will ultimately end in tears ....the Japanese military thought they were invincible ,and so did tbe nazis .

one day soon ,one of these groups will turn their attention to Israel ..

and that will be it

that may be the jolt that is required ..

who knows

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

fight fire with fire against who ? ....these people are everywhere .

I laughed when bush jr stood on the battleship and said the war in Iraq had been won..

the powers that be have intentionally set the middle east on fire .

and now the war is everywhere ...sydney ,Madrid ,London ,Manchester.

you cannot change an ideology ...these might be the shopkeeper who serves you in the deli ...and the next day picks up an ak47 .

it will ultimately end in tears ....the Japanese military thought they were invincible ,and so did tbe nazis .

one day soon ,one of these groups will turn their attention to Israel ..

and that will be it

that may be the jolt that is required ..

who knows

So a nuclear option is the only option - we destroy the nutters by destroying ourselves in the process 

This was an event the bomber knew would attract young fans, teenage girls in particular. They selected the young and the vulnerable as victims because they think they represent our weak spot. Seeking to divide us, to terrorise us, they target that which we hold most dear. Our children. Our freedom. Our future…… Terrorism is not new .….The strategy is to provoke, to get a reaction that contradicts the principles we cherish and they seek to undermine….. Experience tells us that, in reacting to the agony of last night's violence against our children, we must remain true to [our] values, however hard that may be. To lash out would be to play into the hands of the bomber and his accomplices…… Those queuing to give their blood in Manchester today, people of all backgrounds and faiths, understand that we are all the same beneath the skin. This is a time for reaching out, not hunkering down.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40004410 

….Mr Easton says it better than I could. T x

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Sunset said:

So a nuclear option is the only option - we destroy the nutters by destroying ourselves in the process 

where did I say it was the only option ? ( here we go again )

just that is ultimately the most likely outcome .

what would you do ?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

where did I say it was the only option ? ( here we go again )

just that is ultimately the most likely outcome .

what would you do ?

Step 1.  We Talk about islam, we scrutinise it and we don't care who gets upset.

• Like 2

from FB

While the police are collecting body parts of British children spread around the Manchester arena, it is reported that the British public are determined to carry on with "business as usual."

This Business As Usual, is an admirable attitude that helped the British people survive the Nazi Blitz during WWII.

But this is not the Blitz.

Because during the Blitz, the British were not afraid to say who their enemy was. Having identified their enemy, they fought their enemy and defeated their enemy. They didn't just express their horror, or send their thoughts, or say a prayer, or light a candle, or hold a vigil.

Actually it really is Business As Usual, because Business As Usual is the unwillingness to challenge the Islamic political ideology that infests British school curriculums, infects British media and is rampant in so-called “charities" that channels donations to fund terrorism. This Business As Usual is also preached in British mosques and can be heard in city parks. Business As Usual, spews out hate against Jews and Christians, Business As Usual vilifies Zionists, Business As Usual marches on English cobbled streets and demands the implementation of Sharia Law. Business As Usual ensures that British Jewish schools, British Jewish institutions and British synagogues, need protection night and day.

From personal experience, I can say that after a terror attack life is NOT Business As Usual. And it never can be Business As Usual, because murder is the most cosmic and irreparable violation known to both man and mankind. Murder steals from families. Murder plunders the unborn generations. Murder grieves friends. Murder rips out souls from communities. Murder wounds a nation and murder irreparably damages our world.

Business As Usual, the familiar scenes of personal, emotional and collective carnage, is how things will be until the people decide that they are no longer prepared to tolerate this Business As Usual. No longer will they be prepared to deny the reality. No longer will they refrain from rooting out this evil. And no longer in the name of free speech, will they allow the vilification, or the arrest of, those who speak out against it.

But until they do that, Business As Usual will remain the ever-familiar sight of British police and British ambulance crews, scraping parts of British children off the walls of the likes of a British cultural arena.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, simmo said:

according to my mayor; Terror attacks are part and parcel of living in a big city.

OK...

sad.jpg

Fake.

The Mayor of London revealed he had a “sleepless night” after the recent bombing in New York, and said major cities around the world “have got to be prepared for these sorts of things” to happen when people least expect them.

“That means being vigilant, having a police force that is in touch with communities, it means the security services being ready, but it also means exchanging ideas and best practice”, Mr Khan told the Evening Standard shortly before a meeting with New York mayor Bill de Blasio.

pretty good advice wouldn't you agree?

17 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

Just catching up on the thread, I feel very empty inside this morning, trying to understand why , all in the name of Allah I just don't get it. Innocent young children murdered maybe this is the straw that breaks the camels back. 

We're at war. We have been since Iraq. Sooner people realise that, sooner we can work towards a solution.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newjez said:

We're at war. We have been since Iraq. Sooner people realise that, sooner we can work towards a solution.

Yep.  There have been hundreds of thousands of civilian deaths in Iraq since 2003, and up to 2009 40% of them were children.

Many have these have since been killed by religious infighting, but the catalyst was the USA, UK and coalition destroying the Iraqi society and letting these lunatics run free.

They target our civilians and children, because they reckon we didn't give a shit about their children when our bombers were going over blowing them to pieces as "collateral damage".

Until this is recognised, they will keep coming for us.  We see Islam as evil, they see us as more evil...and we have killed 100x more of them so far.  For them, they are still at war and they haven't got their own back yet.

Edited by Slean Wolfhead
  • Like 1