Bomb blast at Manchester Arena several dead.

7 minutes ago, Parley said:

I would like to know why this great Allah who is so great would want his followers to blow up children.

Because they are doing this not in his name or his words, a twisted ideology fuelled by an hatred for the West growing daily using the down trodden youth of certain sectors in life to stand with them against everyone else, while wearing western clothing eating western food etc etc etc.

6 minutes ago, robfromdublin said:

When Irish republicans were blowing up Manchester, it was a minority.  Nobody blamed catholicism or the Irish people generally.  

Blaming terrorist attacks on Islam or the followers of Islam is just plain idiotic. And I am not an 'apologist' for saying so.  

Some Irish people felt hard done by, but that is the point. The constant belittling and worse of Islam and its followers is pure ethnic hatred. Decades ago it was Asians. The enemy of more recent times, Islam and Muslims and Arabs and Persians. Sad bunch at the end of the day.

9 minutes ago, robfromdublin said:

When Irish republicans were blowing up Manchester, it was a minority.  Nobody blamed catholicism or the Irish people generally.  

Blaming terrorist attacks on Islam or the followers of Islam is just plain idiotic. And I am not an 'apologist' for saying so.  

100% 

26 minutes ago, simmo said:

according to my mayor; Terror attacks are part and parcel of living in a big city.

OK...

sad.jpg

Lucky you having such an out looking Mayor. Does credit to his religion and race. I'd swap him in a flash for the 'duff job' in place in this city.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pura Vida said:

Some Irish people felt hard done by, but that is the point. The constant belittling and worse of Islam and its followers is pure ethnic hatred. Decades ago it was Asians. The enemy of more recent times, Islam and Muslims and Arabs and Persians. Sad bunch at the end of the day.

There is no excuse at all for killing innocent people.  If they are feeling hard done by - just go and top themselves and leave ordinary innocent people alone. I really just cannot understand them.  They are just mass murderers.  I'm talking about all terrorists over the years and in lots of different countries.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, robfromdublin said:

It would be nice to see Islamists speaking out more against such atrocities.  I remember in the seventies a group of Irish mothers from both sides campaigning  for peace.

• Like 2

............always brings out the same thoughts and arguments.....

............I don't suppose the victims and their family's have the.....who.....in the forefront of their mind....

.............I know the OH's sister doesn't....

..............This is not a war with (insert perpetrator when known..)......it's a war with radical extremist (militant maybe?) (insert religion..extremist ideals..)
................this is not a war on terrorism. ........terrorism is only a tactic.
.............. This struggle is against a radical, utopian ideology and those who carry out violence in its name.
...............and may the guilty be harshly punished.
  • Like 1

The over-riding emotion for me is one of great sadness for all the victims.  Some react perfectly naturally with anger but it is anger that is hard to target when the primary perpetrator is a sick and twisted individual who has obliterated himself in the process.

Obviously if there are individuals who conspired to make this happen then they need to be brought to justice.

Unfortunately there will be many others who follow and commit these awful acts and most of these atrocities continue to take place outside the spotlight in the Middle East, Africa and Asia.

1 hour ago, simmo said:

I don't have time right now but the predictable comparisons with the IRA (right on cue BTW) are nonsense.

Actually I was comparing the response to two different terrorist organisations, which is entirely different.  I don't expect that you know or care about the subtleties, given you have completely misrepresented Sadiq Khan's quote as did Donald Trump's son when he first raised it. 

Here is the quote in full:

I’m not going to speculate as to how the police in New York should react. What I do know is part and parcel of living in a great global city is you gotta be prepared for these things, you gotta be vigilant, you gotta support the police doing an incredibly hard job, you gotta support the security services. And I think speculating, when you don’t know the facts, is unwise.

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, ScottieGirl said:

It would be nice to see Islamists speaking out more against such atrocities.  I remember in the seventies a group of Irish mothers from both sides campaigning  for peace.

Of course there are thousands of Muslims who speak out about this.  You only have to take the trouble to google it for 5 seconds.

https://www.facebook.com/Muslims-Against-ISIS-1444672609121662/

Image 3.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, robfromdublin said:

Of course there are thousands of Muslims who speak out about this.  You only have to take the trouble to google it for 5 seconds.

Image 3.jpg

Almost nearly all of them are women though, and that is one of the problems men rule in Muslim cultures until they sing and dance about it it will never really change. Kudos to the ladies though.

12 minutes ago, robfromdublin said:

Image 3.jpg

You will probably find though these people protesting against radical Islam (and I don't know this for a fact in this instance) are from minority muslim groups like that poor chap In Glasgow where the normal run of the mill muslim travelled across the UK to stab on his shop doorstep just because he a was from a minority muslim group! WTF!!

• Like 1

I can't believe that I have to argue that the majority of people are against the murder of innocents. The majority of Christians are against it, the majority of Muslims are against it, the majority of British people are against it, the majority of Syrians are against it. It's a sad day when we turn against our fellow man because some nutjob with an axe to grind has the same religion. 

I bet you he turns out to be male, should we view all men with suspicion? 

I bet you he turns out to be between 20 and 40 years old, should we view that generation with suspicion? 

I bet you he turns out to be from a poor background, should we view poor people with suspicion? 

I bet you he turns out to be Muslim, should we view Muslims with suspicion? 

• Like 10

The Irish nationalist and British govt was a historical and regional issue .

I don't remember the ira or inla flying planes into buildings , ethnically cleansing whole communities ,beheading people of other faiths ,sticking the heads of opposition men and boys on stakes in the middle of the street ,or crucifying christians and putting them on display or even taking whole ethnic groups of young women and children and putting them into slavery , whilst killing the men,boys and the elderly

I have said this numerous times ,but I was trying to stay out of this one .

it is Isis and like minded groups that ARE carrying out the instructions of the Koran .

The black flags , a world in chaos ,suppression of the enemy, bringing the return of the Mahdi and the ultimate victory are all in the Koran .

why Paris ? ...because Paris is seen as the centre of western decadence and prostitution ...

why the concert ? ...decadent western music and values ,That have to be destroyed.

Rome and Jerusalem are the ultimate tagets for Isis ....the defeat of Catholicism and Judaism.

THE BOTTOM LINE IS CHILDREN DIED LAST NIGHT , AS THEY ARE DYING EVERY DAY IN THE MIDDLE EAST ,because of this warped ideology .

the west are complicit ,because that's where the oil pipelines are .

if there was no oil , and no pipelines ,Saddam and ghaddaffi would still be in charge .

they would be leaders in tinpot countries that no one cared about .

you want to be a brutal dictator like Mugabe ,carry on , you have nothing .

as soon as the oil flow was threatened all hell broke loose ....nothing to do with wmds .

so here we are ,the Isis caliphate is on the verge of defeat ,but now they have scattered their followers worldwide .

this will be a very regular occurence now .

it could be Melbourne or Moscow next week

the war without end ...

so here

• Like 1

I just read this on the Peter and Jane page. They put into words what I cannot. Such terrible loss. Now is not the time for me to talk in this thread about elsewhere, about who is to blame, why and so forth. Its time to ask people to help. 

The part about giving blood, if you can, go do so. Even if you are not in Manchester but somewhere else in the UK (or anywhere for that matter), donating blood can save lives. Surely an hour of your time well spent. 

I've copied the whole post below......

There are just no words for what happened in Manchester last night. It was cruel, it was senseless, it was horrific.

As a parent, it is your worst nightmare that your child innocently walks out of the house. looking forward to a fun evening, and never returns. We do everything we can to keep our children safe, but we can't protect them every moment of every day. We just can't. All we can do is hope that the good people prevail- people like the ever brilliant and brave emergency services who run toward the scenes of devastation when everyone else is running away; the taxi drivers who worked all night for free to get people to safety; the businesses who opened their doors to give people refuge, and all the ordinary people of Manchester who opened their homes to those in need. Those are the people we should be focusing on today, along with the grieving and the injured.

If you want to do something real and practical to help today, please consider giving blood if you can. Incidents like last night will have had a severe effect on supplies. There are donation centres open today in Manchester at Plymouth Grove and Norfolk House. But you don't have to be in Manchester to do it, and it doesn't have to be today- giving blood anywhere, at any time, is a life saving and valuable thing to do. Donations will be especially needed over the next few days though, particularly with the Bank Holiday weekend.

xxxx

Guest The Pom Queen
47 minutes ago, starlight7 said:

The death toll from this horrific event has now risen to 21 . Pleased to say they think the perp was among the dead. What a miserable evil character he was. Those poor parents and all those who witnessed the carnage and will be scarred for life 

To be honest I wish he wasn't dead, that's what he wanted. I'd put him in a cell and torture him very very slowly