British Gas engineer advice for TRA please (gas fitter)

Deanp

Hi folks,

I'm looking for some advice from anyone that has been in a similar position as myself as right now everything seems a bit overwhelming with no clear cut information.

I am a single, 28 year old domestic gas engineer with British Gas.  I Served a 3 year apprenticeship and have been qualified and working as a gas engineer for 7 years.

Is it a case of -

• Paying the TRA $1000
  • Showing certified copies of my nvq3, ACS certs, high school certs
  • Showing certified copies of my pay slips, end of year tax P60, bank statements showing wages going in from my company.
  • I also got a headed letter from my old college saying I attended and complete my course and it was part of a 3 year apprenticeship and it was taught in English.
  • A letter from my current employer that states my job role and responsibilities.

Am I missing anything else?

Do I need to carry out a practical/theoretical assessment at any point?

Honestly, Any advice someone can offer would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dean

Hi Maximoo,

Thanks for your comment.  So are you past the stage of sending away the paperwork to TRS? After you have done that do you then book yourself into an assessment centre?

It seems really good that you are a plumber AND gas engineer because from what I've been reading you need the plumbing licence to do most of the work a 'gas engineer' would normally be able to do in the UK.  

Dean

Thanks Wrussell, do you know if the second stage of this needs to be done before you can register your expression of interest?

meaning, once the first stage is done can I successfully get a visa and then sit the trade test in Australia?  I'm struggling to find anywhere that it says you can sit a test for a gasfitter in the UK.  Plumbers, electricians, joiners...I see all that, but gasfitter, none.

Thanks

once the first stage is done can I successfully get a visa

No, to apply for General Skilled Migration, you must complete the full pre-migration skills assessment.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for advioce about requirements and strategy?

Dean I'm a plumber and gas fitter. I'm currently doing my stage 1 skills assessment. I'm going through vetasses. You need copies of everything. Certificates, wage slips from all your companies. P60s. Anything you can find.. then you need at least 3 references from old bosses or supervisors.. everything needs to be signed and dated. Then photo work evidence of you onsite with an explanation of what you are doin. And you will also need to do a first aid course before you submit your stage one. If you pass stage 1. They will be Intouch and book you in for your practice.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

• Like 1

Josh bodz, thanks very much for the advice.  I've got an appointment at justice of the peace court tomorrow to get document copies verified but I see now there's a lot more evidence I need to obtain before I can even send away for the stage 1.

i will post on this thread again an update once I'm more prepared.

thanks again for your help guys.

Dean

• 2 months later...
On 25/05/2017 at 20:01, dunnyboy said:

and then you get here to oz and your qualifications mean nothing... they take thousands for you to retrain.... and the you still cant get a job.

Very true!!. 

No matter what your, years of previous experiences are. " Heating engineer. Gas engineer. Plumber for 100 years, NVQ 1,2,3,4. City and guilds. Oftec. Corgi. (Gas safe)...and so on.

Nothing will prepare you for this!!. 

No matter how well "prepared" you think you are!.

God be with you.

• 2 weeks later...
Fb Michael Breen he's my agent im a plumber and gas engineer and have to do a vetassess skills assessment and theory then a regs theory for their regs then work with someone for 6mths to gain the experience b4 the aus government will give me a license

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Hi mate, what state are u going too, is this the same for NSW? I'm currently waiting grant for my 190 visa, what would I have to do in n
Mean time regarding getting qualified over there ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using PomsinOz mobile app