register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

sarah66

Working holiday

Hi

Can any1 help I had a working holiday visa in 2004 I am now 31 turning 32 in September I understand that they are changing the age limit but would I be able to apply if I have had one?

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

No. Once in a lifetime unless you did your rural work stint.

Yeah like Quoll said if you didnt do your regional work to get your 2nd year visa then you have missed out! 

PMV Granted 5th June 2017, Arrived in Melbourne 12th August

PMV Submitted 9/1/17 C/O Request for Medicals and Police Checks - 7/3/17, Australian Federal Police Check - 16/3/17, Fiancee Australian Police Check - 17/3/17 , Uk Police check - 18/3/17 , Medical / Xray & HIV Test - 22/3/17 

Thank you think the only way I will get back is on a skilled or sponsorship right?

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

10 hours ago, sarah66 said:

Thank you think the only way I will get back is on a skilled or sponsorship right?

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

yes. WHV for Australia is only one time unless you did farm work for the 2nd yr extension??.  What about going to NZ instead, they have a similar WHV & its a beautiful country

Edited by bella1458

The Department has amended the eligible age for Subclass 417 Working Holiday, which applicants must be aged at least 18 and no more than 35 years old at the time of application. If an age younger than 35 is specified in an instrument for a specified passport, that younger age limit will be applied.

1 hour ago, Loki Grundy said:

The Department has amended the eligible age for Subclass 417 Working Holiday, which applicants must be aged at least 18 and no more than 35 years old at the time of application. If an age younger than 35 is specified in an instrument for a specified passport, that younger age limit will be applied.

Do you have an official link for that? 

2 hours ago, Loki Grundy said:

Unfortunately this hasn't happened yet, on July 2nd some legislation that included increasing the age limit was introduced then repealed a couple of days later and replaced with another that remains 18-30 age limit.

aparently they have changed some legislation to make it easier for them to change the age for certain country passport holders in the future. but as yet no age increase for anyone & Immigration website states they are still only considering it 

IMG_3708.PNG

Edited by bella1458