Residency Return Visa turnaround time

elderberry

Glad it's not just me then!

I applied on 24th April and still waiting!

it took them 2 weeks to come back to me (8th May) and ask for more information, this was information I had already sent to them! The letter also advised to upload the extra info to my Immi account, this is impossible as I've already uploaded the maximum 30 docs and it doesn't let you upload anything else after that! I emailed them straight back on that day to explain the above (after clicking their button on my Immi account to notify them that I've sent the extra stuff...) and I've been waiting ever since. It's just been sat at "Assessment in progress". 

Seems like they may have a backlog then...

• Like 1

Did you have 2 years in the last 5 years residency Blade17? Just that may explain the difference as yours would be straight forward.  I need to show substantial ties through employment to get a 1 year 155 visa as only been here 6 months.

Mine isn't straightforward either as I don't satisfy the 2 years in 5 requirement or have a job offer etc. I'm needing to show the substantial ties to Oz and compelling reasons. 

I'd imagine the straightforward cases are processed quite quickly. 

Edited by brock79

Thanks for confirming Blade17 good to know your circumstances are different. With 4 years PR, why cant you apply for citizenship instead?

Guess you are in the same boat as me then Brock79, so I might get an email in a few days wanting more documents - maybe!

• Like 1

Long story, but my wife went back to UK for more than 90 days last year, so she isn't eligible for citizenship for a few more months (you can't be absent for >90 days in the 12 months preceding application). I'm eligible now, but decided to wait for the missus. My son got his citizenship this week, but that's because he's at uni, so we needed to get HECS loan sorted. My PR visa has expired, but then I managed to get some tickets for the Lions tour of New Zealand next month - hence need a RRV to travel. Bizarrely the cost of the RRV is more than the fee for citizenship.

Not tried calling them but tried emailing them and so far no response. 

I'll probably just wait it out and see what happens. Have to go through this all again for the wife if mine is granted! Oh and then a small matter of 2 full child visa applications...

Edited by brock79

2 minutes ago, Blade17 said:

Long story, but my wife went back to UK for more than 90 days last year, so she isn't eligible for citizenship for a few more months (you can't be absent for >90 days in the 12 months preceding application). I'm eligible now, but decided to wait for the missus. My son got his citizenship this week, but that's because he's at uni, so we needed to get HECS loan sorted. My PR visa has expired, but then I managed to get some tickets for the Lions tour of New Zealand next month - hence need a RRV to travel. Bizarrely the cost of the RRV is more than the fee for citizenship.

Fair enough. That's what made me ask in that it costs more for starters for the RRV than citizenship. 

Enjoy the Rugby in New Zealand, great time I'm sure. I have no reason to travel right now, but just don't like not been able to! Australia may be big, but it's still small compared to the rest of the world.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brock79 said:

Not tried calling them but tried emailing them and so far no response. 

I'll probably just wait it out for see what happens. Have to go through this all again for the wife of mine is granted! Oh and then a small matter of 2 full child visa applications...

Just it seems a bit concerning if you can't load the documents they have asked for as you've already loaded 30 documents. Not too sure how your case will proceed unless you find out how you can give them what they need? I did get to position 4 in the queue, and a colleague told me they are often more helpful over the phone than the email chain.

Thanks I may try calling them. May cost a bit for a lengthy call to Oz from the UK though.

I have actually sent them a couple of extra docs just by emailing them back, you can do that but it advises you not to as it may delay your application and they don't acknowledge them either. These were just docs I wanted to add on initially but wasn't able to due to the limit. The evidence they asked for I'd already supplied, well I can't provide anything else anyway so we shall see...