Nurse 189 Visa help?

Hello!

I'm at the very beginning of wanting to start my application for the 189 skilled independent visa to emigrate to Australia from UK. I'm a registered nurse with a bachelors degree and I'll be bringing my partner with me who will need to be on my visa as he does not have a skill on the occupation list.

I understand I need to do the points test with ANMC however every time I try to visit their website I seem to get error messages? Can anyone offer me any advice?

I understand I cannot lodge an expression of interest until I have my points assessment completed and also have completed an English test?

Can anyone advise what else I need to prepare to assist with the application running smoothly? My mind is a bit boggled with information and what to actually do next?

Any advice / help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

You need to have your Academic IELTS test (7s across the board in one paper or two papers combined), You then need to apply to ANMAC for a skills assessment.

Once you have your positive ANMAC skills result, you can then (in theory) apply for a 189, providing you've got all your documentation to hand and you are eligible.

The ANMAC assessment is a skills assessment, not a 'points advice', although they do provide that service too as part of the skills assessment.

Feel free to contact me should you require assistance with this.

Regards,

Richard

• Like 2

Thank you Richard for the advice! The ANMAC website kept crashing when I tried to look before, so if this keeps happening is there another way around this that you're aware of?

Hi chrisxl_123 what confirmation letter do we need? I haven't heard about this.
I'm aware that we need to get our transcript and confirmation of our degree from our universities, that will be my next step following the IELTS and ANMACI'm booking my IELTS for July so I'm at a bit of a stand still until that's completed now I guess!

When I was looking into the cost of the 189 visa I've found it's probably going to cost approx £3500 for myself and my partner. Is this realistic or shall I budget more/less? I'm hoping to save a good amount before emigration as I'm aware we may not get jobs straight away. How much money approx have people gone out there with? We'll be looking at renting initially and renting out our house in the UK before committing to selling our house here. 

If anyone else has any advice it would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Zoe

The cost you estimate for the visa is about right. On top of this is the cost for the skills assessment. Not sure how much that is for your occupation, but allow up to £1000. On top of this are the costs for medicals and police checks.

Then the main costs:

Shipping. Allow about £5k

Airfares £1k

Temporary accommodation on arrival about £1k

Long term rental including first months rent and bond. This depends on which state you are going to, but for say WA, About £2k

Then purchasers on arrival - car and things to get you through as your belongings wont arrive for a long time after you. About £3k

Then the big one. Living while you find work. Allow at least 3 months with no income and ideally enough to survive 6 months. So at least £9k and ideally £18k

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

The cost you estimate for the visa is about right. On top of this is the cost for the skills assessment. Not sure how much that is for your occupation, but allow up to £1000. On top of this are the costs for medicals and police checks.

Then the main costs:

Shipping. Allow about £5k

Airfares £1k

Temporary accommodation on arrival about £1k

Long term rental including first months rent and bond. This depends on which state you are going to, but for say WA, About £2k

Then purchasers on arrival - car and things to get you through as your belongings wont arrive for a long time after you. About £3k

Then the big one. Living while you find work. Allow at least 3 months with no income and ideally enough to survive 6 months. So at least £9k and ideally £18k

Thanks for that VERYSTORMY, what a big help!

We're hoping to stop in QLD, preferably Sunshine Coast / Brisbane way as we love it there! 

I'm hoping to secure a job for when we arrive but obviously that's not guaranteed.

Thanks for the help!

Thank you Richard for the advice! The ANMAC website kept crashing when I tried to look before, so if this keeps happening is there another way around this that you're aware of?
Hi chrisxl_123 what confirmation letter do we need? I haven't heard about this.
I'm aware that we need to get our transcript and confirmation of our degree from our universities, that will be my next step following the IELTS and ANMACI'm booking my IELTS for July so I'm at a bit of a stand still until that's completed now I guess!
When I was looking into the cost of the 189 visa I've found it's probably going to cost approx £3500 for myself and my partner. Is this realistic or shall I budget more/less? I'm hoping to save a good amount before emigration as I'm aware we may not get jobs straight away. How much money approx have people gone out there with? We'll be looking at renting initially and renting out our house in the UK before committing to selling our house here. 
If anyone else has any advice it would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks
Zoe

You need to ask the NMC to send a copy of your statement of entry to ANMAC. You have to pay the NMC a fee for this, the request can be filled in on line. I had to phone the NMC 3 or 4 times before they sent mine as they are very slow, I would suggest that you do this sooner rather than later ANMAC will keep it to put with the rest of your application if they receive it before the application arrives so it doesn't hurt to get it sorted early. Good luck with the IELTS.

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

4 minutes ago, SusieP17 said:

You need to ask the NMC to send a copy of your statement of entry to ANMAC. You have to pay the NMC a fee for this, the request can be filled in on line. I had to phone the NMC 3 or 4 times before they sent mine as they are very slow, I would suggest that you do this sooner rather than later ANMAC will keep it to put with the rest of your application if they receive it before the application arrives so it doesn't hurt to get it sorted early. Good luck with the IELTS.

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Thank you SusieP17 

I have filled in the overseas application form for the NMC so hopefully they will send that and then that's one thing off of the checklist! :)