You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

exekielo

TOEFL, IELTS or PTE

Hi guys! I'm applying for a 190 visa. Need a 7 in IELTS or equivalent. I did already two times the TOEFL, I was very close but didn't get the score. Does anyone know if IELTS is easier, I'm wondering if doing TOEFL for third time or try IELTS..

THANKS

i cant speak for TOEFL but PTE was the way forward for me. i took IELTS twice and needed 8s in all and just couldnt get it. I then took pearson and found it alot less stress and almost scored 100% in all categories.

• Like 1

I can't comment on TOEFL as I took it like 15 years ago. Lots might have changed since then. I did IELTS twice for different reasons and both the times getting 7 in all 4 components was easy for me. If you want 4 8's then it is a different ball game as even native speakers have struggled to achieve that in IELTS. I am not a native speaker but with some practice I was able to get 7 in all 4 components easily. In fact missed getting 8's only on one component both the times. No idea about PTE but have heard people on the forum say that it is much more advanced and simpler than IELTS.

IELTS 07/22 R 7.5 W 8.5 S 8.0 L 8.5 O 8.0| Positive Assessment on 10/12 | SA SS Online 10/19 | SA Docs Recvd. 11/02 | SA SS Approved 11/18 | 176 lodged 11/30 | PCC and Medicals requested 12/05 | Meds Finalzed 09/01 | PCC met 31/01 | Visa Granted 02/01

My Blog