Very positive experience with Doree Bonner - London to Sydney

Our belongings have just arrived from Sydney and I thought I would share our experience as we were looking for similar information when we were planning our move from London.

We were hesitating between a number of 'traditional' removal companies (think Anglo Pacific, PSS etc) and Movecube (which seemed like a great; we went with Doree Bonner at the end as the communication was clear, easy (trust me I had LOTS of questions - and was very stressed as we had to organise the pick up 10 days after our booking) and reassuring. The quote was similar to what we had elsewhere.  Summary of our experience below:

• While we read about unexpected costs appearing out of nowhere, the only additional costs were a very small admin fee and insurances. Most of them we didn't need (e.g bad weather - it's worth asking for details) and we ended up booking the only insurance we really needed (marine) with Letton Percival.
  • As soon as the movers came to pick up our belongings we realised we made the right decision vs a Movecube. The Movecube wasn't that much cheaper and would have been a lot more stressful as self packed. The movers were really professional, friendly and quick - and turns out also efficient. As...
  • Our belongings arrived 3 months after we arrived. We knew this was the sort of timeline (2.5 to 3 months) we were looking at - so no big surprise there. Everything made it in one piece (including my extensive collection of glasswear and a big mirror). We still need to test a couple of speakers but in the great realm of things we are extremely happy with the state of our goods. And we didn't have to pay any quarantine fee, which was a great surprise as the Australian borders can be tricky.
  • It's important to keep in mind Doree Bonner (as I am guessing most companies) work with a local company to deliver the goods to the final destination. We found them slightly frustrating to work with but the movers were once again very friendly and helpful.

We would definitely recommend Doree Bonner and use them again in the future.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Thank you for posting as I am in a dilemma about who to choose to ship my stuff fromm Melbourne to England early next year.  Did you take all your furniture etc, a full container?  I am taking most of my sparsely furnished 2 bedded property apart from white goods.  May I ask how much is cost.  The quotes are varying.  Thanks in advance.