Mortgages

hazeladie

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked before but I couldnt find an up to date thread. Just wondering what the process is for Expats to obtain a mortgage? Was it an easy process? How long did it take? We have had a mortgage before in the UK and are coming back with a healthy budget etc. We are desperate to buy as soon as we can to avoid the rental market.

Thanks for any info [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hi, just drew down on my OZ mortgage a few months back whilst in London, process is quite similar compared to the UK and it took all but 1 week for an agreement in principle to be issued.  Only set back for us was that it had to be applied at the branch in person (not like here where it could be via on the phone), so we did it with in conjunction with our recce trip and even managed to purchase a property before heading back.  Just remember to ring them before you fly and ask what documentation they need.  They did ask for a higher deposit as am currently working in London, but as long as you have 30% to 40% deposit, you should be fine.

• Like 1