190 Visas Lodged - March/April 2017 batch

Nelly

Thanks, Nelly for sharing this. I have been thinking maybe there is something wrong with my application. All of my friends who applied for visa 190 on shore last year and the year before got the grants in 3 to 5 weeks. and I have been waiting since 22nd of March. I hope they would look at those lodged in Jan-March 2017 in August.

Edited by Liz Nguyen
  • Like 1

On 31/07/2017 at 19:43, Liz Nguyen said:

An internal auditor lodged on the same day, 22 March and got a direct grant on 11 April. I wonder what category he is in? 

This is what I find frustrating. All the others who lodged their 190 app on the same day as me have been granted. It would be reassuring to at least know why

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removing reference to external site.

8 hours ago, Simons said:

It's just an agonising wait, we even concidered just knocking it all on the head this weekend. 

You can guarantee that the second you knock it on the head everyone's visas will start coming in! Sod's law!  Hang in there... it can't go on forever.... much as it seems like it! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hibert said:

I take it none of us have heard then? Omg this is soooooo frustrating. :arghh:

Nope :(. For some reason I was thinking that the beginning of August might bring someone some good news but nay. In theory,  if they're processed in a vague order, you'll be first to hear I think Hibert.

Does anyone know someone who has received their grant recently and how much time they were given to make their first entry into Aus? I heard that it is 12 months from the date of Medicals/ PCC....  but, I was wondering if they have extended this time period, since a large chunk of that is already eaten up in the processing wait period!  I'm beginning to get really nervous.  We had originally planned that once we receive the grant, we would take some time to wind up here, and then make the move once and for all. But if, the first entry needs to be made really quick we may just have to go for a short trip and then return to wind up things here. I was really hoping to avoid that scenario as it will definitely add up to the expenses ... 

2 hours ago, Nelly said:

Does anyone know someone who has received their grant recently and how much time they were given to make their first entry into Aus? I heard that it is 12 months from the date of Medicals/ PCC....  but, I was wondering if they have extended this time period, since a large chunk of that is already eaten up in the processing wait period!  I'm beginning to get really nervous.  We had originally planned that once we receive the grant, we would take some time to wind up here, and then make the move once and for all. But if, the first entry needs to be made really quick we may just have to go for a short trip and then return to wind up things here. I was really hoping to avoid that scenario as it will definitely add up to the expenses ... 

This is why they tell you not to do police checks and medicals until they are requested, to give you as long possible for validation. First entry date is based on the earlier of the two (pcc and medica) not on processing time. 

Hey Yikes

I was just looking and noticed that we are just a few lines apart from each other - sitting and waiting as 'lonely yellow columns' amidst a sea of 'green columns'. I'm Donna M.....a couple of rows up. ???

The wait continues.....

Im currently loving Melboirne.....but hating being totally stuck in a rotten/rubbish job with a rotten/rubbish sponsoring employer waiting to be set free to fully enjoy being here. Pleeeaaasseee hurry up 190 visa. 

How are you bearing up with the waiting,waiting and more waiting?

???

Edited by MaggieMay24
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Nelly said:

Hi Nelly, unfortunately it is 12 months from your police or medical check - whichever is earlier. I lodged my visa app on the 1st Feb (submitted by us on 22nd February I think)  CO requested meds and police checks on 14th so in theory,  if I were one of the 90% that has to wait 13 months,  through no fault of my own I would have to fork out to get them done again. I can't see immigration changing this rule either annoyingly...

On 03/08/2017 at 23:41, mdonna1975 said:

Hey Yikes

I was just looking and noticed that we are just a few lines apart from each other - sitting and waiting as 'lonely yellow columns' amidst a sea of 'green columns'. I'm Donna M.....a couple of rows up. ???

The wait continues.....

Im currently loving Melboirne.....but hating being totally stuck in a rotten/rubbish job with a rotten/rubbish sponsoring employer waiting to be set free to fully enjoy being here. Pleeeaaasseee hurry up 190 visa. 

How are you bearing up with the waiting,waiting and more waiting?

???

The waiting is awful! I hope for all of our sakes that someone hears something soon!  

Edited by MaggieMay24

On 03/08/2017 at 17:52, Nemesis said:

This is why they tell you not to do police checks and medicals until they are requested, to give you as long possible for validation. First entry date is based on the earlier of the two (pcc and medica) not on processing time. 

Actually thats exactly what we did.. we completed our medicals and pcc only after CO requested for it. The request came in on 10th april and we completed both medicals and pcc by 19th april and have been waiting since then. So it seems like nearly 4 months from the 12 months have already gone... 

On 03/08/2017 at 20:02, Yikes2017 said:

Sorry,  my dates above make no sense!!  I mean we lodged our app on 1st Feb,  CO request for meds and police checks on 14th Feb,  meds were  done and uploaded by us on 22nd Feb

@yikes2017   The waiting time is way too much!   Would you know, what is the validity period of the medicals and pcc? 

On 22/06/2017 at 09:05, Nelly said:

Thanks Guys... for sharing the dates -  I'm trying to add some missed rows in the below snapshot...  hope the formatting doesn't go for a toss..:/   Waiting to see the 'Grant Dates' added... !!     :jiggy:

Name          Visa lodged              Last Updated       Grant Date
Nelly              31-Mar-17                19-Apr-17  
Yikes              01-Feb-17                24-Mar-17  

Simons                 20-Mar-17

mdonna1975.       04-Feb-17.                 21-June-17   

marwan                 08-Mar-17                  07-Apr-17

Monks                       19-May-17               04-Aug-17

Hi we submitted in February 2017 and still waiting, does anyone know if there is any way of tracking your own individual visa application? Just to see exactly where we are. When we submitted we booked flights for the end of the year but we are now in a panic in case our visa has not been granted in time

15 minutes ago, MARKHOP5 said:

Hi we submitted in February 2017 and still waiting, does anyone know if there is any way of tracking your own individual visa application? Just to see exactly where we are. When we submitted we booked flights for the end of the year but we are now in a panic in case our visa has not been granted in time

You can log into Immiaccount and see the status, but there is no way of predicting when or if a visa will be granted. For that sort of information you just have to wait.

13 hours ago, Nelly said:

@yikes2017   The waiting time is way too much!   Would you know, what is the validity period of the medicals and pcc? 

12 months I believe ¬¬ So if worst comes to worse I think i'd need to get my medical done again as of 22nd Feb 2018

Edited by Yikes2017

All of my friends who got the grants in less than 5 weeks said that we need to lodge a complete application and include all necessary supporting documents (they did not do the health check until the case manager told them to, though). Problems such as wrong details in translated documents or missing contact details of referees means you need to update the information and then start the queue again. Maybe it is a good idea to have a look at all the documents to see if everything is o.k.