190 Visas Lodged - March/April 2017 batch

Nelly

Thanks Nelly, that's what I thought so it makes me more nervous day by day haha.

By the way, I've seen many people, such as Marwan above, waiting for 190 nomination mentioning immi account. 

Do we need to create immi account for 190? in ACT we dont need to and just creat EOI through skill select.

And as far as I know that the only online website we can check our process. 

How do you guys check visa process and what the immi account for 190 about? 

8 minutes ago, Cowact said:

Thanks Nelly, that's what I thought so it makes me more nervous day by day haha.

By the way, I've seen many people, such as Marwan above, waiting for 190 nomination mentioning immi account. 

Do we need to create immi account for 190? in ACT we dont need to and just creat EOI through skill select.

And as far as I know that the only online website we can check our process. 

How do you guys check visa process and what the immi account for 190 about? 

Cowact, I think Marwan has already lodged the visa application and is checking status in immi account.    I can share the process that I'm aware of and which was instructed by by agent. I lodged an EOI in SkillSelect and received the invite for NSW 190 nomination in Skillselect. After applying for the nomination and receiving an approval I got the 190 visa invite in SkillSelect. Next, as I understand, my agent lodged the 190 visa application and I am now able to see all the details in immi account. Documents have been uploaded in immi account and one can track status here...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, marwan.wazzan.mw said:

It will be written in the CO letter footer

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

There's just the email address and physical address of the office along with the name and position number of the CO. I emailed him thrice but no response.

1 hour ago, Nelly said:

Cowact, I think Marwan has already lodged the visa application and is checking status in immi account.    I can share the process that I'm aware of and which was instructed by by agent. I lodged an EOI in SkillSelect and received the invite for NSW 190 nomination in Skillselect. After applying for the nomination and receiving an approval I got the 190 visa invite in SkillSelect. Next, as I understand, my agent lodged the 190 visa application and I am now able to see all the details in immi account. Documents have been uploaded in immi account and one can track status here...

What a surprise! I just got an invitation from ACT just like 10mins after post here! 

Now I can finally apply for PR through Skillselect as you said above.

So you guys were talking about the one step ahead of me haha now I got it. 

How long do people usually expect to get their PR granted after apply for it with nomination?

Many thanks,

What a surprise! I just got an invitation from ACT just like 10mins after post here! 
How long do people usually expect to get their PR granted after apply for it with nomination?
Many thanks,

Congratulations
Processing time is 4 months for 75% of the cases and 7 months for 90% of the cases for visa 190
Basically , no timeframe , it is case to case basis.

1 hour ago, marwan.wazzan.mw said:

That is it ,
However you can check border site , for contact number of Adelaide office

Thank you for the reply. But there is nothing specifically mentioned except that 131xxxx number. :-(

3 hours ago, Cowact said:

Many thanks,

Congratulations Cowact! All the best with the visa application. 

Stay in there guys. I have to admit it was the most painful wait ever. 13 weeks & 2 days from lodging but finally when it came through I almost died. I'm still in shock and don't know what to do with myself now, we have to wait 3 months to go due to work but when it comes honestly there's no better feeling. Be aware everything has slowed down as skilled migration quotas are near max. Wishing all of you a grant email next week ???

Edited by Dragonflygecko
  • Like 3

Stay in there guys. I have to admit it was the most painful wait ever. 13 weeks & 2 days from lodging but finally when it came through I almost died. I'm still in shock and don't know what to do with myself now, we have to wait 3 months to go due to work but when it comes honestly there's no better feeling. Be aware everything has slowed down as skilled migration quotas are near max. Wishing all of you a grant email next week [emoji4][emoji122]?

Congratulations

11 hours ago, Dragonflygecko said:

Stay in there guys. I have to admit it was the most painful wait ever. 13 weeks & 2 days from lodging but finally when it came through I almost died. I'm still in shock and don't know what to do with myself now, we have to wait 3 months to go due to work but when it comes honestly there's no better feeling. Be aware everything has slowed down as skilled migration quotas are near max. Wishing all of you a grant email next week ???

Thanks @Dragonflygecko - I am currently 74 days in from date of lodgement. The wait is very painful and starting to get me down alittle. I'm sure everyone in my position wakes up each morning thinking 'will today to be the day?' (I'm using a MA, so will get an E-mail from them). It's a shame you can't leave work sooner. I have already handed my notice in already, as I want to be able to go ASAP. How do you know that migration quotas were near the max?

• Like 2

On 2017-6-3 at 05:07, Dragonflygecko said:

Congratulations @Dragonflygecko !! It must feel terrific to receive the grant.. thanks for the encouraging words.. its really getting so difficult to stay calm ☺ still checking my email and visa account every single day ? any idea, whether things will pick up in june? I mean..about the quota limits... ?  Wish you the best with the next steps.

• Like 1

So immi only grant 190,000 skilled visas per year that's their max. They've already invited over that number so only the first 190,000 will be granted then once the quota has been filled they wait for the new financial year to begin- 1st of July. Every year in May/June  the visa grant comes to a halt, usually mid June they stop issuing visas. Joeh99 based on mine and others I think you should hear by the 20th June if quotas aren't filled before then. I've been in the same situation, everyday thinking 'is it today' checking emails, tracker, forums, etc driving myself insane. It's such a painful experience to go through and I really wish it was clearer. Although in the end once you get the visa, you have no idea what to do with yourself and the waiting is so worth it to have that email : "congratulations you've been granted a 189 skilled independent visa- stay : indefinitely." 

They didn't give us much time though entry date was before 03/10 and grant was 25/5 

• Like 1

On 6/7/2017 at 06:32, Dragonflygecko said:

So immi only grant 190,000 skilled visas per year that's their max. They've already invited over that number so only the first 190,000 will be granted then once the quota has been filled they wait for the new financial year to begin- 1st of July. Every year in May/June  the visa grant comes to a halt, usually mid June they stop issuing visas. Joeh99 based on mine and others I think you should hear by the 20th June if quotas aren't filled before then. I've been in the same situation, everyday thinking 'is it today' checking emails, tracker, forums, etc driving myself insane. It's such a painful experience to go through and I really wish it was clearer. Although in the end once you get the visa, you have no idea what to do with yourself and the waiting is so worth it to have that email : "congratulations you've been granted a 189 skilled independent visa- stay : indefinitely." 

They didn't give us much time though entry date was before 03/10 and grant was 25/5 

@Dragonflygecko Thanks for the info - how did you find out about the 190,000 max? I really do hope I hear before by the 20th June. Literally living a day at a time - I honestly thought being a 30 year old, single man would mean a quick grant! It really is a painful painful experience, but a small price to pay in the long run I suppose! I bet your still on cloud nine! Have you started to book things - flights etc?

• Like 1

I'm useally really patient but this is a real test. Just keep thinking it's more time to save though. Ours was lodged on 20th march so nearly 3 months now. We are starting to think we may just have to activate it as won't have time to get stuff here sorted. 

Don't know the exact dates but think it's around the 10th April it would have been updated. We have to go to new south Wales was going for the 189 at first but then turned 33 so lost points, had to go for the 190. Only had choice of sa, Tasmania or nsw.