190 Visas Lodged - March/April 2017 batch

Nelly

13 hours ago, mdonna1975 said:

I feel for you and I completely understand. It's so hard being trapped working in a place that makes you miserable....I had the same scenario - my employer promised me the world and delivered little. It's been so frustrating not being to take up other job offers...for nearly 8 months while I waited and waited. It's such a fantastic feeling. 

When did you apply for the 190?

Hold on in there, you can get through this, the feeling of getting the visa grant - and the freedom it represents is wonderful. 

A good friend of mine told me "everyone has a visa story to tell....and the ordeal we go through makes it taste sweeter when we finally get it". Really hope you hear something very soon ??

I've a way to go -  date of full application was only about 6 weeks ago but we loaded absolutely everything and I'm hopeful (as is everyone I guess) that our onshore status and 80 points with a job we've been told by DIPB is 'near the top of the priority list' will help us avoid any potential delays. Its difficult when you see on the trackers people getting their grant within a few days. I am really struggling at work so obsessing about the visa is probably not a healthy distraction when I know that a time frame within 6 months is realistic. I have looked into what might happen if I quit - its becoming tempting... but it would seriously put our house buying plans back if I did so trying to take one for the family team at the moment :-/ Thanks though, I bet the bubbles tasted extra good! 

Hi everyone, I am from Pakistan and was silent member of your team for last one month. I need to update all my virtual friends that i have received a call from my agent in Karachi, Pakistan that DIBP has granted me a visa today. Its great news for me as I am very depressed due to delay in processing and suddenly I got this news.

Just for your info.

My category was 190, and occupation is production manager for SA

CO contacted me on 14th April 2017

I have submitted medicals and Police checks on 27th April 2017

And today on 05th Sept. 2017 visa is granted.

I wish all of you best of luck.

Regds,

• Like 4

On 9/4/2017 at 21:55, mdonna1975 said:

Yes, it's true.....the good news finally came through ????....we got our visa grant yesterday (4th Sept) and immediately hit the town to celebrate. It was champagne all round ???. ???.

We applied for our visa (onshore) on 4th Feb. It's been a gruelling wait. I was on an employee sponsored visa  - and really really hated my job, and my employer, but was unable to leave because I could not work for anyone else without the 190 visa. The 'trapped' feeling has been so tough - Now I am free ??. The wait is sooooo difficult, at times I think I've almost required my own Clinical Psychologist to get me through ??

I reallly hope others hear about their via's really soon. Things finally seem to be moving at DIBP which is wonderful. Xx

Congratulations!  So happy for you. Now you can finally move on.  Good luck :)

Hi guys,

• Lodged 190 visa with 60 points on 24 MAR 17
  • Medical done on 5 APR 17
  • PCC and form 80 and 1221 submitted
  • CO contacted regarding functional English for my wife on 18 MAY 17 which we submitted her educational records on 8 JUN 17 to fulfill the requirement. Since then my application status is "assessment in progress" and "Last updated 8 JUN 17"
  • We blessed with a new born baby on 6 JUL 17 which we updated as per their requirement i.e. submitted birth certificate, passport & form 1022

Still there is no response from their side. Application status is still "assessment in progress" and "Last updated on 8 JUN 17".

Can anyone comment on that when they will response? What is the usual processing timelines for the visa of this category? Anybody got the grant during this period of time?

Everyday check the status in immi account, and realize how the wait is painful.:)  

1 hour ago, Gordonian said:

We lodged on 24 MAR, Still assessment in progress. aaah painful wait.

Lodged 20th march, not bothered anymore. Totally put it on back burner. Wife has brought a horse I've joint a football team, going Vietnam and Bali in december/Jan. We not waiting for the visa any more. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Simons said:

Lodged 20th march, not bothered anymore. Totally put it on back burner. Wife has brought a horse I've joint a football team, going Vietnam and Bali in december/Jan. We not waiting for the visa any more. 

Simons, That's good. It is the only way to get out of stress, not to wait but doing other things. 

Congratulations to Frenzy, Sunscreen, Rakesh, Ida and Jassi! My application was lodged back in March on shore and like Simon and Gordonia I am still waiting. Guess it may be because my skill is out of the list. 27 grants today and all to those lodged in May except 1 in March and one in April.

Edited by Liz Nguyen
  • Like 1