190 Visas Lodged - March/April 2017 batch

Nelly

19 hours ago, Pete_Solihull said:

Hey all - I'm very happy to inform everyone of some news that I received this morning from my visa agent. After waiting 180+ days, I have finally been granted a 190 visa.

We have a wedding coming up in October (in Australia) and had already booked our flights (and obtained a tourist visa). We were hoping that our visa would be granted before this time, so we could use the holiday to validate our visa and do some serious research for housing, etc. I was starting to lose hope, but thankfully we can now move to the next stage and start planning our big move.

I hope our positive news brings hope to everyone else who is still waiting. I will keep using this forum and try to follow everyone else's progress, but I wish everyone good luck with their applications.

- Some stats for those who are interested - Application submitted 2nd March 2017, C/O contact 15th March 2017 and approved 31st August 2017.

Pete.

Wow... Congrats, Pete!!  Great that you can use the holiday as an activation trip   :)    All the very best. Looking forward to your posts on this forum as you continue with the next stage.

Hey guys, I've been following chat of this group from quite a while. Just wanted to update you, that I got the grant today early morning.

Stats- Application submitted 19th May,2017

CO Contacted 29th May,2017

Grant-  1st Sep,2017

Occupation- 261313

All the best folks who are still awaiting for grant. 

Edited by abhi91
  • Like 4

Hi all!
I read the topic from the very beginning and hesitated to comment any party though. But since I have got my SO AWAITED grant by this noon (12:06) decided to share my case.
That is: Applied on March, 10th for SA nominated 190 Visa as sales and marketing manager, together with my family (wife and 3 kids); was requested madicals and PCC in a week. Replied them within term in April. On the 9th of May was asked for form 80. Answered them on 20th.
Then waited till today.
Emotionally I was not prepared to see grants on the screen of iphone. Only now I am recovering
All in all this took near the half a year (if preparation to IELTS/Qualification/State nomination/EOI are not counted).

NB There was no call to my employer.

Hope this helps.

Wishing luck to everyone, who still waits for their grants!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andriy said:

Hi all!
I read the topic from the very beginning and hesitated to comment any party though. But since I have got my SO AWAITED grant by this noon (12:06) decided to share my case.
That is: Applied on March, 10th for SA nominated 190 Visa as sales and marketing manager, together with my family (wife and 3 kids); was requested madicals and PCC in a week. Replied them within term in April. On the 9th of May was asked for form 80. Answered them on 20th.
Then waited till today.
Emotionally I was not prepared to see grants on the screen of iphone. Only now I am recovering
All in all this took near the half a year (if preparation to IELTS/Qualification/State nomination/EOI are not counted).

NB There was no call to my employer.

Hope this helps.

Wishing luck to everyone, who still waits for their grants!

happy for you Andy

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Liz Nguyen said:

I saw clinical psychologist and thought it must be Donna and it is. Congrats, Donna.

Yes, it's true.....the good news finally came through ????....we got our visa grant yesterday (4th Sept) and immediately hit the town to celebrate. It was champagne all round ???. ???.

We applied for our visa (onshore) on 4th Feb. It's been a gruelling wait. I was on an employee sponsored visa  - and really really hated my job, and my employer, but was unable to leave because I could not work for anyone else without the 190 visa. The 'trapped' feeling has been so tough - Now I am free ??. The wait is sooooo difficult, at times I think I've almost required my own Clinical Psychologist to get me through ??

I reallly hope others hear about their via's really soon. Things finally seem to be moving at DIBP which is wonderful. Xx

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mdonna1975 said:

Yes, it's true.....the good news finally came through ????....we got our visa grant yesterday (4th Sept) and immediately hit the town to celebrate. It was champagne all round ???. ???.

We applied for our visa (onshore) on 4th Feb. It's been a gruelling wait. I was on an employee sponsored visa  - and really really hated my job, and my employer, but was unable to leave because I could not work for anyone else without the 190 visa. The 'trapped' feeling has been so tough - Now I am free ??. The wait is sooooo difficult, at times I think I've almost required my own Clinical Psychologist to get me through ??

I reallly hope others hear about their via's really soon. Things finally seem to be moving at DIBP which is wonderful. Xx

Hi 

I'm in the same boat, applied onshore for a 190 although still awaiting assignment of CO but here currently on a 457 - I have a new job offer which I'm really keen to take as the job I have now is not what I expected (the employer withheld some information about the role to make it more appealing and now I'm trapped). I work in an industry where everyone knows everyone else so I'm trying to keep my head down and do a good job but it is hard when I feel so desperate to leave. Reading about your case has helped me to focus on how it will feel when the visa comes through! Congratulations :-) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mdonna1975 said:

Congratulations on your visa grant.

6 hours ago, mdonna1975 said:

Congratulations Donna and wish you the best!!  

• Like 1

Yes, it's true.....the good news finally came through [emoji322][emoji323][emoji322][emoji323]....we got our visa grant yesterday (4th Sept) and immediately hit the town to celebrate. It was champagne all round [emoji898][emoji898][emoji898]. ???.
We applied for our visa (onshore) on 4th Feb. It's been a gruelling wait. I was on an employee sponsored visa  - and really really hated my job, and my employer, but was unable to leave because I could not work for anyone else without the 190 visa. The 'trapped' feeling has been so tough - Now I am free [emoji6][emoji1]. The wait is sooooo difficult, at times I think I've almost required my own Clinical Psychologist to get me through [emoji53][emoji849]
Congratulations

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, strayadreams said:

Hi 

I'm in the same boat, applied onshore for a 190 although still awaiting assignment of CO but here currently on a 457 - I have a new job offer which I'm really keen to take as the job I have now is not what I expected (the employer withheld some information about the role to make it more appealing and now I'm trapped). I work in an industry where everyone knows everyone else so I'm trying to keep my head down and do a good job but it is hard when I feel so desperate to leave. Reading about your case has helped me to focus on how it will feel when the visa comes through! Congratulations :-) 

I feel for you and I completely understand. It's so hard being trapped working in a place that makes you miserable....I had the same scenario - my employer promised me the world and delivered little. It's been so frustrating not being to take up other job offers...for nearly 8 months while I waited and waited. It's such a fantastic feeling. 

When did you apply for the 190?

Hold on in there, you can get through this, the feeling of getting the visa grant - and the freedom it represents is wonderful. 

A good friend of mine told me "everyone has a visa story to tell....and the ordeal we go through makes it taste sweeter when we finally get it". Really hope you hear something very soon ??

Hello everybody,

a quick update...

our visas were granted this morning ? We lodged on 24th January. It has been an awful frustrating wait for us. So happy to finally receive the official email.

Thank you to each and every one of you, this forum has kept me slightly sane.

I wish you all good luck, hang in there, things seem to be moving ?

• Like 6