190 Visas Lodged - March/April 2017 batch

Nelly

I think as long as the person cannot be identified then I wouldn't worry. You were merely trying to give people a heads up about processing times/back logs for which we are grateful! I think if DIBP staff are posting on such forums then it is they who are risking their job not you. 

• Like 1

I think as long as the person cannot be identified then I wouldn't worry. You were merely trying to give people a heads up about processing times/back logs for which we are grateful! I think if DIBP staff are posting on such forums then it is they who are risking their job not you. 

Thanks Monks. The one who posted this news knew someone inside. Nemesis in a way is right to say that I may have put his or her job in jeopardy. I may have volunteered more information than I should. [emoji31]

Nevertheless, I hope those waiting for grant would be happy to hear this news. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good to hear that there is a timeline to clear the backlog. As there's such a variety of applications under consideration it can be difficult to work out what the logic is. Crossing my fingers for everyone on the wait list and I'll start a new thread for August onwards so as not to clog up the page! 

• Like 1

Hi All, Looks like I am not alone in this VISA queue :)

I applied for 190 Visa from VIC on 15th April  , got mail from CO on 24th Apr for attaching the PCC and medical, which I uploaded on 5th May. Since then I am waiting eagerly for my CO's response.

Is there any way to find out how many 190 Visas have been granted this month and last month ?

On 8/24/2017 at 13:40, Yikes2017 said:

Oh my word guys. The day has come.  After nearly seven months of agonising waiting (close to break down at some stages!) our visa has finally been granted. I am in complete and utter shock. I hope with all my heart that you all receive the good news you are waiting for soon as I know from experience that it is so hard hearing if someone else's grant when you are still waiting for your own.  Much love and thanks for all the support and words of empathy of the past few months.  I will visit regularly to watch the rest come in ?

oh wow, @Yikes2017   so so happy for you  :P   This is excellent news!!!     I'm sure, now that you have the grant... the last 7 months seem far behind  :)    You can finally move on with your plans to make the big move.. exciting!!  Your posts have definitely helped through this waiting period. .. will be glad to see  you continue to post on this forum even from the other side.... are you moving to Sydney ?   I was wondering what is the date given by dibp before which you need to make your first entry? 

It's good to see the grants have started to come in!!!!!!

On 8/17/2017 at 20:43, Pete_Solihull said:

Excellent news - but also soo unfair!

I have submitted a 190 visa for the same occuptation, but I submitted mine on the 2nd March! I had C/O contact 3 weeks later and submitted Police and Med checks on the 30th March and still waiting! I wish there was some logic that could be applied to understand when I can expect my visa to be approved.

Please don't get me wrong, very happy that visas are being issued and other people are being successful - I guess I can just hope that my approval isn't too far behind your grant.

Hey Pete,

Someone just got a grant for quality assurance today and he lodged on 8th August, offshore to Adelaide. Is that the skill you are after? if yes, that is strange and 'unfair' as you said.

8 hours ago, Liz Nguyen said:

Hey Pete,

Someone just got a grant for quality assurance today and he lodged on 8th August, offshore to Adelaide. Is that the skill you are after? if yes, that is strange and 'unfair' as you said.

Hi Liz,

Yes, I'm an Quality Assurance Manager making an offshore 190 application, sponsored by SA and we want to head to Adelaide. We are close to moving into our 7th month of waiting, and cannot make any sense as to how someone else can be processed so much quicker than ourselves. You never know, our agent may have received an e-mail during the bank holiday and I could hear some good news on Tuesday morning (won't be holding my breath, but you never know).

Thank you for keeping an eye out. I will of course keep everyone informed if I hear some positive news.

Pete.

10 minutes ago, Simons said:

Does anyone know if was to stop the application you would be able to claim the application fee back?

If you are changing your mind then they may not refund. This is the excerpt from the site

"Refund of the Visa Application Charge

Mandatory refund
You may request a refund of the visa application charge, however there are very limited circumstances where the visa application charge must be refunded. These include the following:

• your application was 'unnecessary' at the time it was made
  • your application is made because of a mistake made by the department
  • the applicant dies before a decision is made.

A mandatory refund is not available if you change your mind about continuing your visa application after it has been made. The visa application must have been unnecessary at the time it was made. The visa application will not be considered unnecessary if, for example, you no longer need a visa because you no longer want to migrate to Australia.

Discretionary refund
The visa application charge may be refunded, if the visa application is made because of a mistake by the applicant, for example the visa applicant mistakenly applies for the wrong type of visa. The application must clearly have been mistakenly made. The migration delegate has absolute discretion to make a discretionary refund.

A refund will not be given in situations where you subsequently decide that the visa application was a 'mistake' because, for example you:

• change your mind about continuing the application
  • do not satisfy a criterion for visa grant
  • claim it was a mistake to have applied because your visa application was unsuccessful (that is, you state that you would never have applied for this visa had you known your application would not be successful)
  • consider in retrospect that you applied for the wrong class of visa.

You can make a written request for a refund stating the reasons why you consider your application fee should be refunded when sending your withdrawal letter to the office processing your visa application."

3 minutes ago, 1mysteriouslife said:

If you are changing your mind then they may not refund. This is the excerpt from the site

"Refund of the Visa Application Charge

Mandatory refund
You may request a refund of the visa application charge, however there are very limited circumstances where the visa application charge must be refunded. These include the following:

• your application was 'unnecessary' at the time it was made
  • your application is made because of a mistake made by the department
  • the applicant dies before a decision is made.

A mandatory refund is not available if you change your mind about continuing your visa application after it has been made. The visa application must have been unnecessary at the time it was made. The visa application will not be considered unnecessary if, for example, you no longer need a visa because you no longer want to migrate to Australia.

Discretionary refund
The visa application charge may be refunded, if the visa application is made because of a mistake by the applicant, for example the visa applicant mistakenly applies for the wrong type of visa. The application must clearly have been mistakenly made. The migration delegate has absolute discretion to make a discretionary refund.

A refund will not be given in situations where you subsequently decide that the visa application was a 'mistake' because, for example you:

• change your mind about continuing the application
  • do not satisfy a criterion for visa grant
  • claim it was a mistake to have applied because your visa application was unsuccessful (that is, you state that you would never have applied for this visa had you known your application would not be successful)
  • consider in retrospect that you applied for the wrong class of visa.

You can make a written request for a refund stating the reasons why you consider your application fee should be refunded when sending your withdrawal letter to the office processing your visa application."

Thanks I did read that on line was hoping there was a loop hole somewhere apart from faking my own death lol

Because of this wait. We started the whole process in Jan 2016 and life has basically been on hold since then, and things are moving so slow that I just think it's gonna be the 11-15 months they say. Its just ridiculous. If it's not granted by next march then will have to do med and police checks again too which is more money.

18 hours ago, Nelly said:

oh wow, @Yikes2017   so so happy for you  :P   This is excellent news!!!     I'm sure, now that you have the grant... the last 7 months seem far behind  :)    You can finally move on with your plans to make the big move.. exciting!!  Your posts have definitely helped through this waiting period. .. will be glad to see  you continue to post on this forum even from the other side.... are you moving to Sydney ?   I was wondering what is the date given by dibp before which you need to make your first entry? 

It's good to see the grants have started to come in!!!!!!

Hi Nelly. Thank you!  Hopefully this means that within the next few weeks many of you guys will see your grants come in... believe me,  I NEVER thought it would happen! 

We are heading to Melbourne. Our date of first entry needs to be before 20th Feb 2018 which was the date of our medicals. We've booked our one way flights today ???

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Simons said:

Because of this wait. We started the whole process in Jan 2016 and life has basically been on hold since then, and things are moving so slow that I just think it's gonna be the 11-15 months they say. Its just ridiculous. If it's not granted by next march then will have to do med and police checks again too which is more money.

Hi Simons,

I know it is hard but hang in there. The grant may come any day. You have waited such a long time after all. 

13 hours ago, Simons said:

Simon, hang in there, by next month you might get the grant, also because faking death would be a tad over the top ;-) and the money doesn't seem to be coming back any other. See you in Australia! Do send them a follow up email.

13 minutes ago, 1mysteriouslife said:

Simon, hang in there, by next month you might get the grant, also because faking death would be a tad over the top ;-) and the money doesn't seem to be coming back any other. See you in Australia! Do send them a follow up email.

Ha ha won't fake death then lol, just was so fed up. We have got a plan b now and are giving it till Christmas so no visa by then it's no go.

Hey all - I'm very happy to inform everyone of some news that I received this morning from my visa agent. After waiting 180+ days, I have finally been granted a 190 visa.

We have a wedding coming up in October (in Australia) and had already booked our flights (and obtained a tourist visa). We were hoping that our visa would be granted before this time, so we could use the holiday to validate our visa and do some serious research for housing, etc. I was starting to lose hope, but thankfully we can now move to the next stage and start planning our big move.

I hope our positive news brings hope to everyone else who is still waiting. I will keep using this forum and try to follow everyone else's progress, but I wish everyone good luck with their applications.

- Some stats for those who are interested - Application submitted 2nd March 2017, C/O contact 15th March 2017 and approved 31st August 2017.

Pete.

Edited by Pete_Solihull
Additional information added
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, Pete_Solihull said:

Hey all - I'm very happy to inform everyone of some news that I received this morning from my visa agent. After waiting 180+ days, I have finally been granted a 190 visa.

We have a wedding coming up in October (in Australia) and had already booked our flights (and obtained a tourist visa). We were hoping that our visa would be granted before this time, so we could use the holiday to validate our visa and do some serious research for housing, etc. I was starting to lose hope, but thankfully we can now move to the next stage and start planning our big move.

I hope our positive news brings hope to everyone else who is still waiting. I will keep using this forum and try to follow everyone else's progress, but I wish everyone good luck with their applications.

- Some stats for those who are interested - Application submitted 2nd March 2017, C/O contact 15th March 2017 and approved 31st August 2017.

Pete.

congradulations Pete

4 hours ago, Pete_Solihull said:

Pete.

Congratulations Pete !!!! That is a great news. All the very best

5 hours ago, Pete_Solihull said:

Pete.

Fantastic news!  Congratulations!