190 Visas Lodged - March/April 2017 batch

Nelly

3 hours ago, Yikes2017 said:

Oh my word guys. The day has come.  After nearly seven months of agonising waiting (close to break down at some stages!) our visa has finally been granted. I am in complete and utter shock. I hope with all my heart that you all receive the good news you are waiting for soon as I know from experience that it is so hard hearing if someone else's grant when you are still waiting for your own.  Much love and thanks for all the support and words of empathy of the past few months.  I will visit regularly to watch the rest come in ?

Awesome news, @Yikes2017 - I had to chuckle to myself when I saw your previous post that you wrote a few hours earlier. The feeling must incredible! Congratulations!!!

I've been waiting for my 189 visa since 20/03!

All the very best!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, joeh99 said:

Awesome news, @Yikes2017 - I had to chuckle to myself when I saw your previous post that you wrote a few hours earlier. The feeling must incredible! Congratulations!!!

I've been waiting for my 189 visa since 20/03!

All the very best!!

I know!  Bit embarrassing that I was having a good old moan about it and at that point in time it had already been granted ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Yikes2017 said:

Oh my word guys. The day has come.  After nearly seven months of agonising waiting (close to break down at some stages!) our visa has finally been granted. I am in complete and utter shock. I hope with all my heart that you all receive the good news you are waiting for soon as I know from experience that it is so hard hearing if someone else's grant when you are still waiting for your own.  Much love and thanks for all the support and words of empathy of the past few months.  I will visit regularly to watch the rest come in ?

Congratulations Yikes - your posts on this forum have been very useful. All the best with your move to Oz.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yikes2017 said:

yeahh happy for you ...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Yikes2017 said:

There you go Yikes!!! One happy soul like mine....

I hope and pray that everyone here soon get their visas!!!

• Like 4

On 24/08/2017 at 16:10, Yikes2017 said:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!

So Sept move it is! ;)

• Like 1

On 8/24/2017 at 18:10, Yikes2017 said:

Great news, Yikes. I was disappointed to see no new grants on today and definitely thrilled to read the good news.

• Like 1

On 24/08/2017 at 09:10, Yikes2017 said:

awesome news!! chuffed to bits for you, good luck with the next part of your journey!!

• Like 1

We lodged for the visa on 14 May 2017, Medical's and all documents uploaded on 8 June 2017, the wait is so miserable :( 

I can see many who have lodged before are still waiting. So 7-8 months should be expected?

I have been checking half a dozen times a day, but it appears 190 visa grant is very slow compared to the 189.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removing reference to external site.

2 hours ago, 1mysteriouslife said:

We lodged for the visa on 14 May 2017, Medical's and all documents uploaded on 8 June 2017, the wait is so miserable :( 

I can see many who have lodged before are still waiting. So 7-8 months should be expected?

I have been checking half a dozen times a day, but it appears 190 visa grant is very slow compared to the 189.

We lodged on 20 March, every thing uploaded by 8 April. Still waiting.                Bored.

2 minutes ago, 1mysteriouslife said:

Does the processing time have anything to do with nominating state or the job code or the processing office (mine is GSM Adelaide)? 

Haven't got a clue, I'm going on plumber to nsw, 60 points. Think it maybe something to do with the points. Says the waiting time is something like 11-15 months, we are just looking at it as 15 months now. Cant be bothered to keep looking and stressing about it anymore, what will be will be, we just getting on with things as normal. Just keep saving and will have more to go with, life goes on. 

20 minutes ago, Simons said:

Haven't got a clue, I'm going on plumber to nsw, 60 points. Think it maybe something to do with the points. Says the waiting time is something like 11-15 months, we are just looking at it as 15 months now. Cant be bothered to keep looking and stressing about it anymore, what will be will be, we just getting on with things as normal. Just keep saving and will have more to go with, life goes on. 

Tough! And you are right. No point putting life on hold. All the best to you too

Just now, 1mysteriouslife said:

Tough! And you are right. No point putting life on hold. All the best to you too

You too and everyone on here, we have actually been looking at houses now in country side and thinking maybe move there, if get the visa we active it, if things work here then cool, if not can go there and give it a shot. Would be nice if there was some sort of proper info on how your visa is doing, but there isn't so just have to accept it and get on with things. Least we have a nice summer here, o wait lol.

• Like 1

Hey everyone. Just wanna share some news I got from a chatgrp that I joined from another forum.This info came from someone who works for dibp.

"All the backlog will be cleared by maximum oct. DIBP paced up their process in August and they have been given the target to clear all the backlog by end oct irrespective of the time lines given for processing. This is for all visa lodged before 1 July."

At least something to look forward to if this is true. Yeay for us!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ida053 said:

Hey everyone. Just wanna share some news I got from a chatgrp that I joined from another forum.This info came from someone who works for dibp.

"All the backlog will be cleared by maximum oct. DIBP paced up their process in August and they have been given the target to clear all the backlog by end oct irrespective of the time lines given for processing. This is for all visa lodged before 1 July."

That is a great news. Is there a whatsapp group for Australian immigration? Is it possible to share the link

2 hours ago, ida053 said:

Can you share what other forum you got this info from? Appreciated!

2 hours ago, ida053 said:

Be aware.

DIBP staff posting openly in this way on forums and newsgrous have been disciplined and even dismissed in the past for such actions. Unless they are osting as an official rep on the DIBP page, or tweeting as DIBP, then you are putting their job in jeopardy if you post the lin openly.....