190 Visas Lodged - March/April 2017 batch

Nelly

11 minutes ago, Rakesh said:

Hi All

I lodged mine 190 -VIC on 04th May. & contacted on 17th May and I have provided pending doc on the same day. Showing Assessment in progress from last 3.5 Months. Now Just Waiting.....:)

I have submitted all documents on 1st day, like Health, PCC etc. they contacted me for work exp related documents, So I have provided them on the same day.

1 hour ago, SunScreen said:

How did you provide pending doc on the same day? Certificate of Clearance require at least 2-3 weeks on my end!

Mine took almost a month! They only responded after 2 weeks and another 2 weeks to make an appt for fingerprinting. :arghh:

15 minutes ago, ida053 said:

One grant today for 190 lodged in Jun 2017 .

Why are our grant pending for so long? My friends who applied in late 2015 and early 2016 had theirs approved within 3-4 mths :sad:

Anyone else with grants today?

Wish we knew the answer to that. Its just a long, mind numbing, boring wait for every one. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ida053 said:

One grant today for 190 lodged in Jun 2017 .

Why are our grant pending for so long? My friends who applied in late 2015 and early 2016 had theirs approved within 3-4 mths :sad:

Anyone else with grants today?

Where did you see this? As in how do you know how many grant was approved on a daily basis?

3 hours ago, Paul7 said:

My God has answered my prayers!!! Got a grant today morning. Thank you so much guys for ur support.

CODE: 139914

VISA LODGED: 19/04/2017

CO Contacted: 02/05/17 and 16/06/17

GRANT: 17/08/17

Excellent news - but also soo unfair!

I have submitted a 190 visa for the same occuptation, but I submitted mine on the 2nd March! I had C/O contact 3 weeks later and submitted Police and Med checks on the 30th March and still waiting! I wish there was some logic that could be applied to understand when I can expect my visa to be approved.

Please don't get me wrong, very happy that visas are being issued and other people are being successful - I guess I can just hope that my approval isn't too far behind your grant.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pete_Solihull said:

Excellent news - but also soo unfair!

I have submitted a 190 visa for the same occuptation, but I submitted mine on the 2nd March! I had C/O contact 3 weeks later and submitted Police and Med checks on the 30th March and still waiting! I wish there was some logic that could be applied to understand when I can expect my visa to be approved.

Please don't get me wrong, very happy that visas are being issued and other people are being successful - I guess I can just hope that my approval isn't too far behind your grant.

Totally understand this feeling. I'm pleased for others and every grant that comes through brings us a step closer to our own. But I lodged on 1st Feb and would like there to have been some kind of date order to the processing as it does feel unfair!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Yikes2017 said:

Totally understand this feeling. I'm pleased for others and every grant that comes through brings us a step closer to our own. But I lodged on 1st Feb and would like there to have been some kind of date order to the processing as it does feel unfair!

i agree with you , there should be some form of chronology currently its a lotto draw

I have visions that there is a desk in a office somewhere with a big pile of applications. New applications are plonked on top and instead of trying to get to the ones at the bottom, they are just picking the ones off the top.

I'm guessing there is some logic behind their decisions, but also wonder if they need another Quality Assurance Manager <cough> <cough> to help improve their visa grant system. :)

Hope (for all really) that we get to hear some good news soon.
Pete.

• Like 3

Hi all,

In case you haven't heard of it.

Brilliant for seeing when people get their invites compared to when they submitted. And same for visa grants etc....

If as many people could upload their basic case details (no personal info required). Only the details you see in the signatures of folks in this forum.Then it would be awesome to keep track of the progress being made for those in your own job code etc and just in general. Currently not too many secondary teachers on there at the EOI stage so would be nice to see more of those:)

Hope it is ok to post this here.

Thanks
H

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removing reference to external site.

5 hours ago, Pete_Solihull said:

I have visions that there is a desk in a office somewhere with a big pile of applications. New applications are plonked on top and instead of trying to get to the ones at the bottom, they are just picking the ones off the top.

I'm guessing there is some logic behind their decisions, but also wonder if they need another Quality Assurance Manager <cough> <cough> to help improve their visa grant system. :)

Hope (for all really) that we get to hear some good news soon.
Pete.

I've done a bit of reading on this (borders website) and it seems to be all to do with each state filling their places and in order of which occupations they need the most. Aus allocate about 28,000 places to state nominated visas and each state fill them in priority order according to what they need most - not necessarily date order. @Pete_Solihull which state have you applied to? It may be that Adelaide need your occupation more than other states hence the reason why someone else with the same occ has been granted first? If you've applied to Adelaide too however, then that's that theory out!

11 minutes ago, Yikes2017 said:

I've done a bit of reading on this (borders website) and it seems to be all to do with each state filling their places and in order of which occupations they need the most. Aus allocate about 28,000 places to state nominated visas and each state fill them in priority order according to what they need most - not necessarily date order. @Pete_Solihull which state have you applied to? It may be that Adelaide need your occupation more than other states hence the reason why someone else with the same occ has been granted first? If you've applied to Adelaide too however, then that's that theory out!

Thanks Yikes that makes a bit of sense but how cant find out state occupation priorities?

8 minutes ago, Yikes2017 said:

As far as I know, they're not listed anywhere. I'll do a bit of Googling to see if I can find out...

good luck

8 minutes ago, Yikes2017 said:

As far as I know, they're not listed anywhere. I'll do a bit of Googling to see if I can find out...

1 hour ago, Yikes2017 said:

We have applied to SA and hope to move to Adelaide too. So yes, we are a bit puzzled why we are still waiting - I'm guessing that my application is in someone else's pile to process and Paul7 has just been lucky to be processed quicker than ourselves.

30 minutes ago, Pete_Solihull said:

We have applied to SA and hope to move to Adelaide too. So yes, we are a bit puzzled why we are still waiting - I'm guessing that my application is in someone else's pile to process and Paul7 has just been lucky to be processed quicker than ourselves.

I guess this is good news for you then really! Hopefully yours should arrive any day now :)

14 hours ago, Paul7 said:

My God has answered my prayers!!! Got a grant today morning. Thank you so much guys for ur support.

CODE: 139914

VISA LODGED: 19/04/2017

CO Contacted: 02/05/17 and 16/06/17

GRANT: 17/08/17

Good for you - party time! 

B

Great news, Paul7. 

As we are all so fed up with all this wait, perhaps it is good to have something more relaxing. I have been living in Melbourne for nearly 7 years so if anyone goes to Melbourne and would like to chat about school, accommodation, etc. I am happy to help.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Yikes2017 said:

This scares me as my nominated occupation was removed from the Tasmania list at the start of July. My agent said that because our visa application was sponsored, lodged and fees paid I had nothing to worry about... I wonder if that removal will doom me to the bottom of the pile?