190 Visas Lodged - March/April 2017 batch

Nelly

Hello All,

I'm starting this thread for all those who lodged their 190 visas in March or April 2017. It would be interesting to track the progress of our grants.

More importantly, I'm hoping that we can share our thoughts, especially since this group would have similar timelines, in terms of the grants (give or take a few weeks) and in forging plans for the big move to Aus!  It helps to know there are others out there, going through a similar phase in life ! 

I'm excited and hope to see many of you contributing to this discussion   :)  

• Like 3

Hi Nelly,
I lodged mine on 16th May. I would also love to hear from different people about the big move to Australia. Hoping to make the move Sept time all being well with the visa maybe I'm being little to optimistic as the visas sometimes take a bit longer than that.

Where are you hoping to move to? I'm hopefully moving to Sydney on 190 visa.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On 5/22/2017 at 06:49, darraghbyrne11 said:

Hi Nelly,
I lodged mine on 16th May. I would also love to hear from different people about the big move to Australia. Hoping to make the move Sept time all being well with the visa maybe I'm being little to optimistic as the visas sometimes take a bit longer than that.

Where are you hoping to move to? I'm hopefully moving to Sydney on 190 visa.

Hi darragh,  

We are also hoping to move to Sydney.....on a 190 visa.  All going well, the plan is - my husband will move first and once he settles in (job, house and all), me and the kids will follow. The whole thing is overwhelming.. especially since we will be moving there and then looking for jobs  :/  but we are excited at the same time !   I lodged the  visa application on 31st march .....

It's difficult to gauge the estimated date.  Some have got their grants within 5-8 weeks and for others it took longer. I'm just hoping it's soon and we can begin the moving process in June !  :D   optimistic maybe.

May I ask, what profession are you in?  

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed reference to external site

On 5/22/2017 at 14:01, Nelly said:
Hi darragh,  
We are also hoping to move to Sydney.....on a 190 visa.  All going well, the plan is - my husband will move first and once he settles in (job, house and all), me and the kids will follow. The whole thing is overwhelming.. especially since we will be moving there and then looking for jobs  [emoji32]  but we are excited at the same time !   I lodged the  visa application on 31st march .....
It's difficult to gauge the estimated date.  Some have got their grants within 5-8 weeks and for others it took longer. I'm just hoping it's soon and we can begin the moving process in June !  [emoji3]   optimistic maybe.
May I ask, what profession are you in?  

Hi Nelly,

Hopefully it's not to much longer then. My estimated visa grant is middle of August which would be great as Im ready to go now. I'm a carpenter going over to a few mates who say Sydney is booming for construction work which is great to hear as they say it's quite easy to get the work.

What do you and your husband work at?

Edited by MaggieMay24

19 hours ago, darraghbyrne11 said:

Darragh,  I'm in the software industry and my husband works in Retail (retail of FMCG goods, and also has good experience in the Food & beverage industry). We are thinking, that there would be higher chances of finding work faster in his area, than it would be for me. So, decided that he go first.

Glad for you... with the construction boom, it should be quite easy to get something. It's a relief if you know that there is ample work in your line of work! 

Edited by Nelly
removed history

Hi Nelly & Darragh,

Glad to find you guys on the same boat. :-)

I've applied for 190 visa (South Australia ) on April 24th, CO requested documents on May 2nd. Done with everything and submitted on May 16th. Awaiting for the grant.

Hi Paul,  glad to have you on-board ! Hope the grants come in soon for all of us. I keep checking my immi account,  couple of times a day.. obsessive maybe.. but can't help it 9_9

By when do you hope to make the move?    

1 hour ago, Nelly said:

Hi Paul,  glad to have you on-board ! Hope the grants come in soon for all of us. I keep checking my immi account,  couple of times a day.. obsessive maybe.. but can't help it 9_9

By when do you hope to make the move?    

Hi Nelly,

I'm expecting to move to Adelaide by the end of July upon receiving the visa grant letter. First myself to look for a proper job and accommodation and then my family. 

FYI: I keep checking my immiaccount 5 times a day!!! :-) :-) :-)

• Like 1

Hi Nelly & Darragh,
Glad to find you guys on the same boat. :-)
I've applied for 190 visa (South Australia ) on April 24th, CO requested documents on May 2nd. Done with everything and submitted on May 16th. Awaiting for the grant.

Hi Paul,

Hopefully it's not much longer for you now you have all documents uploaded. Iv had the request for police checks and medicals today and my agent reckons its moving quite quickly.

Have you lived in SA before? I lived in Adelaide for year in 2012 on working hoilday visa.

4 hours ago, darraghbyrne11 said:

Hi Paul,

Hopefully it's not much longer for you now you have all documents uploaded. Iv had the request for police checks and medicals today and my agent reckons its moving quite quickly.

Have you lived in SA before? I lived in Adelaide for year in 2012 on working hoilday visa.

Hi Darragh,

Yes hopefully. Do u have any idea how much time it takes after uploading all the docs? I'm expecting it around 45 days.

Hi Paul,

It's hard to say how long it takes.. Sometimes its granted pretty quick as in direct grant or it can take some time on the other hand. I think having all documents ready when applying does speed it up somewhat though. I was guessing around the 4 month mark but I'm seeing other people getting their grant already around 8 weeks. It's very hard to predict I reckon, just depends on how complex each individual case is

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Paul7 said:

Hi Nelly,

I'm expecting to move to Adelaide by the end of July upon receiving the visa grant letter. First myself to look for a proper job and accommodation and then my family. 

FYI: I keep checking my immiaccount 5 times a day!!! :-) :-) :-)

Aaah.. glad to know, I'm not the only one checking immiaccount several times a day!  :D    Well, we are planning a similar kind of setup ... husband goes first to look for a job and accommodation and then we follow. I'm also planning to speak to my current boss about the possibility of keeping my job and asking for a new role in our Organization's overseas branch... there is one in Sydney. Chances seem slim, but I'm going to give it a shot. If the answer is no, I'll just have to look for a job once I get there. Phew! Things are so fluid and up in the air.... just waiting till all of it settles and takes some shape. This waiting period is not easy at all...   

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Yikes2017 said:

Hi all, I applied for a 190 to Victoria on 1st Feb.  All docs uploaded by the end of March.  Been waiting 16 weeks this Wednesday! Hoping everyday to wake up to the email I want to see! 

Hi @Yikes2017  ..... do you mean 16 weeks from the visa lodged date? well I guess it should be any day now....all the best to everyone on this forum. Will be interesting to hear from each of you as the grants start to come in  :-)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nelly said:

Hi @Yikes2017  ..... do you mean 16 weeks from the visa lodged date? well I guess it should be any day now....all the best to everyone on this forum. Will be interesting to hear from each of you as the grants start to come in  :-)

Hi,  yes, 16 weeks today from the application lodge date.  Keeping my fingers crossed that I would t have to wait much longer!

I will share my timeline too.... once I get my grant :)    

@Yikes2017  Some with lodged date of Feb still awaiting their grants. It doesn't seem to be processed in a sequential manner. I wonder what criteria is used by the Case officers for picking up cases to process?  And things seemed to have slowed down just a bit .... only 6 grants in the month of May so far.   I'm hoping it picks up soon....

Edited by MaggieMay24
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Nelly said:
hello.... was wondering, if anyone has had any further progress on their application? 

Hi Nelly,

I'm just waiting for my police checks to come back this week hopefully then do my medical next week so il probably not hear much back til after the new tax year I'm guessing at this rate
Did you hear anything more on your visa?

5 minutes ago, darraghbyrne11 said:

Hi Nelly,

I'm just waiting for my police checks to come back this week hopefully then do my medical next week so il probably not hear much back til after the new tax year I'm guessing at this rate
Did you hear anything more on your visa?

Hi darragh, 

Well... that's good, once the police checks and medicals are done, you v'e pretty much completed the whole thing. Then there is nothing much left to do, except wait. I'm still in the same state... waiting. Uploaded the final docs on 19th April. I hope we start seeing some action in June... 

Hi guys, 

1. Just want to confirm with you guys about 'Processing time' that each state claims - ACT 8wks, VIC 12wks, NT 3wks, etc.

Is this the period of time after 'Visa lodgement date' or 'Case officer assignment date'?

2. I applied for ACT nomination on 28 Mar and got CO assigned on 1 May and still no contact from CO 'at all'.

I guess it is because of my current visa status (graduate visa which requires medical and pcc), but even if CO can access to my docs uploaded on DIBP server, it takes too long (9wks).

Is there anyone in same situation with me?

Thanks heaps in advance!

11 minutes ago, Cowact said:

Hi guys, 

1. Just want to confirm with you guys about 'Processing time' that each state claims - ACT 8wks, VIC 12wks, NT 3wks, etc.

Is this the period of time after 'Visa lodgement date' or 'Case officer assignment date'?

2. I applied for ACT nomination on 28 Mar and got CO assigned on 1 May and still no contact from CO 'at all'.

I guess it is because of my current visa status (graduate visa which requires medical and pcc), but even if CO can access to my docs uploaded on DIBP server, it takes too long (9wks).

Is there anyone in same situation with me?

Thanks heaps in advance!

Hi Cowact,  

As far as I know, it is the period of time from 'Visa lodgement date'.... 

On 5/30/2017 at 22:47, marwan.wazzan.mw said:

Hi all
I lodged my visa on 8 March
CO contact and requested medical on 3 April
Medical done on 7 April
Since then , I open my immiaccount 3 to 4 times / day
Just waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiting

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

ha ha marwan...... I do that too!    I also check multiple times a day! Just feel happy looking at the new visa grants as they get added to the tracker....lol.  Makes me feel, I'm getting closer to the front of the line  !!! :) 

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removing reference to external site.
  • Like 1