Nurses 189

We undertake a lot of applications for nurses. As long as your paperwork is good then you shouldn't have any problems. Remember you need to have your Academic IELTS (or equivalent) done already and forwarded directly to ANMAC, prior to beginning your application. 

i would also recommend having two sets of certified documents made, so that you can use the second set for your AHPRA nursing registration later.

Regards,

Richard

ANMAC is straight forward when you send all the documents requested. I also sent through evidence from the university, my Uni already knows the process and was surprised the full document they sent had 60 pages outlining everything i did from year 1 and all my placements. As stated above they will also require your IELTS results sent directly to them and verification from NMC sent directly to them. I got a positive result in 5 weeks. Two days ago just received a provisional positive result from AHPHRA that took 4 months. 

You only need a positive ANMAC result to apply for a visa. You can apply for nursing registration at any time, but bear in mind that once you are given approval-in-principle, then you have 12 weeks to travel to the AHPRA office of the Australian state you applied to in order to activate it.

Regards,

Richard

Edited by Richard Gregan

I have been approved in principle pending presenting in person at the AHPRA office. Do i need a job before?? i do not plan on a full move for at least 8 months as i'm having a baby in a weeks time hence thinking it may be too soon to apply for a job. Another requirement is proof of Australian address however i am still based in the UK for now so wondering if that will cause a problem? One more thing after submitting EOI how long does it usually take to get an invite to apply?

Regards

Cathrine 

It's hard to say how long it will be before your EOI to be picked up. Selection is every two weeks.

You don't need a job to activate registration. Your Australian address will just have to be the address you are staying at, or you could put your UK address. This is always a bit of a grey area because the AHPRA forms are poorly designed for foreign applicants.

Regards,

Richard

some advice please. In the begining stages of collecting my info for anmac. So I need to send my IELTS result directly to anmac? How does this work in practice?
I presumed I just took the test then had somebody verify all my documents at the same time. Is this incorrect.
Can anyone point me in the direction of some comprehensive advice for nurses?
thanks everyone

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

some advice please. In the begining stages of collecting my info for anmac. So I need to send my IELTS result directly to anmac? How does this work in practice?
I presumed I just took the test then had somebody verify all my documents at the same time. Is this incorrect.
Can anyone point me in the direction of some comprehensive advice for nurses?
thanks everyone

When you have taken your IELTS and got your results you phone the test center (can't remember off top of my head but I'm sure the number is on the certificate) and ask them to forward your results directly to ANMAC, they do it that oftern that they don't even need the address.
Good luck with it all.

• Like 1