You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Hi,

I am moving to Melbourne in June 2017 with my husband and two children (7 & 4).  My husband will be working in Bundoora.  We have been looking into living within areas approx. 20 km from his work place...Eltham, Templestowe, Research, Diamond Creek etc...

I am hoping for some local knowledge and recommendation of the local schools (they all look good online).  We are moving from a small east coast village in Scotland and from a primary school with approx 100 pupils, therefore a smaller school would be desirable.

Any local knowledge on the different suburbs would be greatly received.  Thanks.

Hi @geex3 welcome to the forum.

I think you have chosen some good suburbs there and the primary schools in Eltham are fantastic whether you choose to go to a church school or state school. Holy Trinity has an excellent reputation along with Eltham Primary.

If you want your children to stay at the same school and not have the upheaval of moving again you could look at Eltham College. Although to be honest the cost isn't really worth it when you have a great choice of state schools around. 

What you do need to be aware of is that most of the state schools are zoned. So although you may move in to a certain street now so your child can attend a certain primary when it comes to secondary you may be in the wrong zone. 

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.