Kellydud

I am looking for advice on schools in Perth.  We are moving at the end of the year and my son who is 8 will be starting year 4.  I have sent an applcation to All Saints school in Bull Creek, which currently doesn't have space but we are hoping a vacancy becomes available.  We are wanting a back up in case this doesn't happen and have been looking into the International School of Western Australia in City Beach.  Does anyone have any experience / opinions on ISWA?  Can you make any recommendations on other good state or private co-Ed primary schools (preferably without a strong religious element)?

thanks

Hi Kellydud,

You may get a more informed response on the sister site Perthpoms.  I'm fairly new to Perth and my daughter hasn't started school yet so not really qualified to answer but you will get good replies on Perthpoms.

Where are you planning on living?  Bull creek and City beach are about 30minutes apart and are very different suburbs.  Bull creek is south of the river (SOR) and city beach NOR.  City beach is quite an affluent suburb, I can't really talk to Bull creek as I don't know it well.

I'll follow this with interest though.

38 minutes ago, Collie said:

Hi Kellydud,

You may get a more informed response on the sister site Perthpoms.  I'm fairly new to Perth and my daughter hasn't started school yet so not really qualified to answer but you will get good replies on Perthpoms.

Where are you planning on living?  Bull creek and City beach are about 30minutes apart and are very different suburbs.  Bull creek is south of the river (SOR) and city beach NOR.  City beach is quite an affluent suburb, I can't really talk to Bull creek as I don't know it well.

I'll follow this with interest though.

Hi Collie

thanks for the response.  I will try Perthpoms.  Suburb choice is going to be largely driven by which school we want or get.  I am from Perth originally and my family are all SOR but I've been in UK for the last 17 years.  

5 hours ago, Kellydud said:

I am looking for advice on schools in Perth.  We are moving at the end of the year and my son who is 8 will be starting year 4.  I have sent an applcation to All Saints school in Bull Creek, which currently doesn't have space but we are hoping a vacancy becomes available.  We are wanting a back up in case this doesn't happen and have been looking into the International School of Western Australia in City Beach.  Does anyone have any experience / opinions on ISWA?  Can you make any recommendations on other good state or private co-Ed primary schools (preferably without a strong religious element)?

thanks

I would decide where you are going to live first. Bull creek is a long way from city beach. Some state schools are better than the private schools. Many aren't. Travel at peak times is getting worse and worse.