Backpacker Discounts - YHA

Jamiemadden7

Hello,

been in Australia for just over two weeks and stayed the first 10 nights in Perth (Billabong) last week I came to Fremantle and currently staying in YHA Prison Hostel.  

When I arrived I joined YHA as joining fee ended up saving me money on my stay, but since then I have saved over $30 on Rottnest Island and $20 on the Prison Tours (with there being two of us that's a $100 saving in a week)

I was just wondering if anyone else has been using this to their advantage and if they have where? Gathering it could save us all some money over the space of the year or two travelling.

We had YHA membership when we were over a few years ago and found got a lot of discounts ... I remember getting money off entrance fees at museums, st the cinema, and in w camping shop. In the end, we asked everywhere we went just in case. At that time you could get a 5%reduction on some train journeys but I don't know if this is still the case.  We calculated a saving of 40$+ over a month as well as saving the original cost of joining - and we weren't backpackers, we were a retired couple visiting family.  I'd reccomend joining the YHA to anyone.

• Like 1