189 skills assessment English requirement

Hi everyone,

Is there anybody who has got  successful skills assessment as a teacher WITHOUT IELTS due to having completed at least four full years of study in higher education (university) in Australia, Canada, the Republic of Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States of America?
Or, do you know if I would be able to get the successful skills assessment for completing the Bachelor in Australia (4 year education but only studied with the uni for 3 years as I already had a Diploma that I got from Australian college).

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for your response.
Is PGCE something that you do after you finish the bachelor, I assume?

Yeah I have enough IELTS scores to get some points for the visa application but not yet enough for the skills assessment..

As long as your university education totals 4 years to meet the educational requirements for AITSL, and this was undertaken in one of the above countries, as well as being a passport holder of one of the above countries, then you don't need IELTS for skills, although as stated earlier, you may still need General IELTS for visa points.

Most teachers in England and Wales undertake a three year degree and then top it up with a PGCE, so in total that's 4 years.

Scottish degrees tend to be four years in length, rather than the English 3 year degree, so it's possible to do a 4 year Bachelor of Education in Scotland and then apply to AITSL directly with that alone.

In England, Bachelors are only three years in length, so even with a three year Bachelor of education, you'd still need to do a PGCE before you could apply to AITSL.

Regards,

Richard

1 hour ago, Richard Gregan said:

As long as your university education totals 4 years to meet the educational requirements for AITSL, and this was undertaken in one of the above countries, as well as being a passport holder of one of the above countries, then you don't need IELTS for skills, although as stated earlier, you may still need General IELTS for visa points.

Most teachers in England and Wales undertake a three year degree and then top it up with a PGCE, so in total that's 4 years.

Scottish degrees tend to be four years in length, rather than the English 3 year degree, so it's possible to do a 4 year Bachelor of Education in Scotland and then apply to AITSL directly with that alone.

In England, Bachelors are only three years in length, so even with a three year Bachelor of education, you'd still need to do a PGCE before you could apply to AITSL.

Regards,

Richard

Hello Richard,

Thank you for your response.

I completed the Diploma before undertaking the study for the Bachelor. Would the study for Diploma be counted as part of the 4 years of higher education, considering I have got the credits for it and was exempt from the first year of a 4 year Bachelor degree?

By the way, I hold a Japanese passport and completed all the study above in Australia.

Sayaka