Skilled Nominated Visa 190 question.

annagilda

Hello gang! Hope all is well,

I was wondering if I might be able to pick your brains.

I'm currently on a WHV (417) which is due to expire at the end of September. I'm currently living in Tasmania and working for the Tasmanian Health Department as a Podiatrist. I'm having an absolute ball and quite fancy sticking around. There appears to be work opportunities opening up on a fairly regular basis, but due to the finite nature of my current visa, I don't seem to be too successful.

I've gone through the positive skills assessment to get to this point. I've got current AHPRA and am doing the job. My job is also on the SOL and CSOL

I have had a look at the points calculator and if I were to sit the IELTS and score 7 or above, I would have plenty of points to apply. My questions are:

Which IELTS do I need to sit, the Academic one or the standard? I've read quite a lot of conflicting advice on the web over the weekend,

Also, I have Spina Bifida and use a wheelchair. Everything is completely stable, all my expected treatment was completed years ago, but I'm just worried about the medical side of things.

I've contacted a registered migration agent, to see what they say but just waiting back to hear what my chances are.

Ideally, if it's a go, I'd like to try and get the ball rolling, because I know they change the SOL and CSOL on the 1st of July each year, (although I know we have a chronic shortage of Podiatrists here.)

Any advice would be awesome. Thanks a million. :-)

Oh, just a thought. Could I apply for a 190 while onshore?? Thanks!

Also might be worth contacting Tas for state sponsorship. I didn't bother sitting ILETS at all as I got the final 5 points I needed to make 60 with state sponsorship. I spoke to a lovely lady at the Tas office and they turned around my application within 72hours.

And if you do need points I found PTE very user friendly; passing with a 90 first time using their online practice tests for a dummy run [emoji6]

Of course which test is better is very subjective, and I didn't try IELTS, but that was mainly after using this site for guidance [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk