PR for new born

lalitnagulapati

No. If born outside of Australia you will need to get a child visa for them.  Only children born to Citizens outside of Australia would be Citizens by descent.

Children born in Australia to PR parents will be Australian citizens by birth and British by descent.

No. If born outside of Australia you will need to get a child visa for them.  Only children born to Citizens outside of Australia would be Citizens by descent.

Children born in Australia to PR parents will be Australian citizens by birth and British by descent.

Thanks for the prompt reply. But will the new born also get a PR or only a visiting visa?

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

• 8 months later...

A little late but I looked at this in early 2017 as I am in this situation but have not submitted an application as yet.

The forms you need are the 40CH and 47CH for an offshore application. You will also need a medical for the child and to pay the visa fee (I forget, but I think it was over £1,000 at the time). In the UK, I think you need to apply to the AUS embassy in London for this Visa.

There is an onshore option too if you do not think your visa would be granted in time, obviously this would carry more risk. You also would need to leave Australia and return to activate the child's PR visa once it was approved.