Moving Home where the grass is greener??

Pome sammy

1 hour ago, Mino said:

Dear All

Has anyone commenting on this page actually completed their move ?

We're planning a move back but I'm not sure on how people sort out rentals. My understanding is you must have a job to get a home rental through an agent. Or can you actually rent it from Australia, say if you send your friends/relatives to view a property in UK on your behalf  ?

We don't have much belongings in Australia so we'll be only packing clothes and go back to UK. Issue of accommodation is stressing us though

Thank you for any info

Minoo

We managed to arrange a rental from Australia, but OH had been offered a job before we left Australia.  His new boss very kindly arranged to look round the rental for us (we moved to a different area to where family live), but we had to use my mum-in-law as a guarantor because we had no previous rental references etc, having been homeowners for many years.  It did feel a bit rubbish, having to ask family to do that when we're in our forties!  We also paid six months rent up front.  Had we not been able to do that, we'd have probably taken a holiday rental for a few weeks.  It would have been more stressful though

Thanks so much for sharing that info.

We have good references from our last realestate agents and the reference only dates back to Sep 2017. We could also pay upfront too. I just was not sure whether the agency would even consider this.

Did the person who viewed the property on your behalf had to pay a sum to reserve it ?  Only asking as last time we rented and expressed an interest we had to pay agent fees so that they would stop the viewings.

Thanks again

No, but I guess different agents have different policies.  My OH's new boss (who looked round it for us) knew the agent because she owns a house that they let out for her.  You may still need a guarantor if you've no job arranged.  We needed personal references too.  Lots of hoops to jump through!

On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:32, Home and Happy said:

Good, in fact its great if you like to have a life away from it all, from everything, you could not wish for a better place to be than Australia.   For me though I feel more happier and more free being back home in UK.   It suits me better anyway.  Each to their own, I guess.

50/50 me ...love them both

On 14 November 2017 at 07:49, Mino said:

Thanks so much for sharing that info.

We have good references from our last realestate agents and the reference only dates back to Sep 2017. We could also pay upfront too. I just was not sure whether the agency would even consider this.

Did the person who viewed the property on your behalf had to pay a sum to reserve it ?  Only asking as last time we rented and expressed an interest we had to pay agent fees so that they would stop the viewings.

Thanks again

If you can pay up front then I don't think you will have an issue. We moved back last year and I had a job to go to, but not a lot else in our favour. Had no issues getting a rental. 

We also moved back with very little. A suitcase each and a small movecube of personal items and clothes.