PEARSON TEST OF ENGLISH

I think PTE is far superior than IELTS... IELTS is outdated.. slow and not very user friendly./ took me 8 hours for IELTS and had to do the speaking at a different location.. Pearson I was in and out in 3 1/2 hours 

• Like 1

I'm taking pte tomorrow ,has anybody done both ielts and pte if so which did you prefer ?

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

I have just sat my first PTE after failing the IELTS 3 times. I think I prefer the PTE but I did find it a little harder to manage my own time and ran out of time on one of the questions, fingers crossed it won't drop my score to much and I get the mark I need this time. I'm losing confidence.

23 hours ago, bell123321 said:

My Oh did PTE twice and scored very low on the speaking element both times so he took the Ielts and scored a 9 first attempt and 8s in the other 3 elements. He loved the idea of PTE but found IELTS easier.

This just shows you, horses for courses and all that.

Everyone is different; some find PTE easier than IELTS, and vice versa.

Regards,

Richard

chin up ,think of the reward once passed .I've taken ielts 10 times passing every element but on separate occasions keep getting a 6.5 on writing tried pte today just a case of waiting but won't give up ,stay positive . good luck with yours

Good luck with your too. Let us know how you did when you get the results.
Fingers crossed for us both.

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 14:51, bell123321 said:

My Oh did PTE twice and scored very low on the speaking element both times so he took the Ielts and scored a 9 first attempt and 8s in the other 3 elements. He loved the idea of PTE but found IELTS easier.

Same here, I was advised to take PTE but scored very low on speaking but top marks in all other areas. The room was very noisy and I was sat very close to two other people so don't know if that made a difference? Took IELTS and passing all components with top marks. However this is only my own opinion, some prefer PTE.