Anyone from Yorkshire and emigrating to Melbourne?

Fosh

Hi All, 

Just wondering if anyone else is emigrating from Yorkshire to Melbourne this year? 

We are hoping to emigrate at the end of this year! Me (33 years UK) hubby (38 years auzzy) and 2 little boys (3 years and 7 months)

Guest The Pom Queen
25 minutes ago, Fosh said:

Yorkshire dales are so beautiful!! We live in Leeds. X

My brother was at uni in Leeds. 

8 minutes ago, fidgetyfeet said:

Hey! I lived in Wakefield for 4 yrs for college then Leeds for three and a half...loved it there! Returned Home to Scotland for 10yrs then spent the last 2 in NZ. Now we are thinking about trying Melbourne! Not sure though...the price of property worries me...and DD13 is not happy!

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

I'm from Wakefield! Small world. 

Yes the price of property is absolutely ridiculous and it shows no sign of slowing, we have family and friends who work within the housing sector and they all say it's just going to keep going up! 

So many opportunities for your 13 year old! She might not be happy now, but when she settles and makes friends she will soon be thanking you.

• Like 1

I'm from Wakefield! Small world. 
Yes the price of property is absolutely ridiculous and it shows no sign of slowing, we have family and friends who work within the housing sector and they all say it's just going to keep going up! 
So many opportunities for your 13 year old! She might not be happy now, but when she settles and makes friends she will soon be thanking you.

The trouble is, we uprooted the girls just 2 years ago with the same promises...DD13 does now love it here in NZ but DD11 is still homesick for Scotland! As we know nothing about Melbourne this is another big risk. Getting late to be moving High Schools again so need to make up our minds. Prices mean we would need to be quite far out so not sure about areas...studying studying all the time!!

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app