You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Morning all,

We've just received quotes in for a 40ft container shipment of household goods from Melb to UK (southampton). Eye-watering... O.o

If you've done the move back to the UK from Melbourne, I'd really appreciate if you could let me know some ballpark figures of what it cost you.

Many thanks in advance,

R

I was quoted  $330 per cubic metre Sydney to London for a shared  ccontainer.A 40 ft container is 68 cubic metres so would come to $22.5 k

Thanks ScottieGirl.  So far sole-use 40ft container quotes have been coming up a bit cheaper than $22K - I'll fill you in once all my quotes are in.    

An update!

I've been out to a number of removals companies and the quotes are in.

For our move, the cheapest quotes are coming in around $12500 and the most expensive $15000.  

Given a freight forwarder is quoting about $5300 for the pick-up of the container and shipment to Southampton (https://www.wwcf.com.au/quotes/export/container/3.php), does this sound reasonable or similar to what others have been charged or quoted?  

You can use Shipping Extension that provides you live rates for your parcel & letter shipments.All the rates for shipping services are calculated based on the latest rates provided by Australia Post