Waiting time

19 hours ago, Yikes2017 said:

15 weeks so far since the visa application date...

I'm in a similar position......we lodged our 190 visa application, with all docs except medicals, 14 weeks ago. 

Still no case officer assigned.  We haven't heard a thing.

We had our medicals done on Monday and they are now cleared and showing in our immi account now. We're really hoping this speeds things up and we get a case officer soon.

We are applying onshore- currently living and working in a Melbourne on a 457 employer sponsored visa. 

Hope you, and we, hear something super duper soon. Waiting and waiting is sooooooo difficult. 

• Like 2

We lodged our 190 app on 1st Feb and were assigned a CO within a couple of weeks who asked for Meds, Police checks and Form 80. That was all complete and uploaded by the end of March but since then, nothing. It is so unpredictable how it all seems to work. I don't understand at all why some are done and dusted within a few weeks and some go on and on for no apparent reason (on none that we're made aware of anyway). Like many of you say, it tries the patience of a saint!

• Like 1

The wait is crippling - I have a week until the cut off date to hand my notice expires (i'm a teacher), otherwise i'm there until Christmas! Literally living day-to-day...waiting. Have alook at my signature for my situation :-)

Edited by joeh99
Spelling
  • Like 1

It just goes to show there is certainly no rhyme or reason to it. It's all random, people get grants within days others are in it for the long haul. Unfortunately that's us ? people often say "no news is good news." It's extremely nerve wrecking, emotionally draining, and frustrating to be stuck in limbo. I wish they had a better system in place where you could see movement or a pattern emerge. That's being very wishful, I know! Luckily my boss is very understanding & knows the situation so when/if I get the visa I can give my 3 months' notice then. My landlord has also agreed to give us a periodic tenancy after our fixed term in July. ??I hoped to have known by this week at the latest so that we could fly in July but I guess you just have to let go & realise you have no control whatsoever. The only peace of mind I have is that all you lot are waiting too so it's not just us. Fingers crossed for all of you to hear soon. ?

Edited by Dragonflygecko
  • Like 1

Yeah, I am certainly envious of those who get grants so quickly. It does seem very random! I am finding it all very stressful too. Life is literally on hold. That's good needs that your boss has been so accommodating. I'm just gunna be blacklisted! Haha. You never know, we both might be sitting here with grants tomorrow! Haha. Yep, plenty of us stressing and worrying together!

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Last month the DIBP website said 75% of 190 applications processed within 5 months and 90% within 8 months. It was updated 2 days ago and now says 75% of 190 applications processed within 4 months and 90% within 7 months. So, I guess that's a tiny bit of good news! Although ours is approaching 16 weeks so we're about to fall into the 90% category....

Ours is a completely straight forward case too, with no particular 'issues' that might cause delay.

Haha that's wishful thinking Joe99. Yikes, what occupation have you applied under? For 189 it's 4-6 months now updated 30th April. It used to be 3-5 months initially then up 5-7 months recently and now back down a bit.    It's my birthday in 3 weeks it would be the best 30th present ever... Please immi grant my new life! ?? hope everyone has a restful weekend, no checking emails religiously and obsessively. Is everyone using an agent? 

• Like 1

We are using a agent so never been near an Immi account lol. Just waiting for the e mail. Suppose in the long run its ok as gives more time to save some dosh plus get house ready for renting out. Think if we get it we will have to do a activation trip first anyway as just booked a holiday to Vietnam and Bali to cheer us up ???

• Like 1

@Dragonflygecko - I'm a secondary school teacher. It was my 30th a couple of weeks ago and was hoping for the perfect birthday present too - but never happened. Lets hope I get it before i'm 31! haha. Fingers crossed for you mate! What's your profession? You seem to have been waiting ages! I am using a MIRA agent too, they are based near me in SE London/Kent.

@Simons - Whats your profession and when did you lodge your 189 visa?

@joeh99 Maybe we're too optimistic, I also think oh maybe it'll be granted on a Monday. That'd be nice on the worst day I the week... ?

Well look here, we seem to have a theme. We all work with young people. I'm a Childcare Centre Manager and you two are teachers so perhaps they do even extra checks for us as we have influential roles and responsibility for the future of Oz ? ? well you never know!! 

• Like 1

I was having a shit day at work, 12.5 hour shift as my deputy was off sick. Then our agent called this morning at 9:30 and told us we received a grant. Couldn't believe it my day turned completely around and I could not focus on anything else! Just handed my notice in 3 months today.. I'm free! I am still in utter shock...when you want something so bad you talk yourself out of getting it. You'll be next @joeh99 as you are so close behind me. Seems to be a bit of movement this week... Eek :))