We had lodged for the Subclass 190 visa with Victoria nomination by the middle of August 2016 via a MARA agent, CO was assigned in a few weeks and other documents including PCCs and health checks done and provided by September 2016. Additional documents requested by CO in January 2017. That all was sent electronically in a few days. No further updates yet

Has any one else had this long wait in processing and do you know why there could be a delay ? 

Some occupations have had their quotas filled for this financial year and no more visas will be granted until the applications are 'rolled over' at the end of June. Filled quotas do not stop visa refusals, so if you have not been refused you migh well be OK.

• Like 2

Thanks for that information wrussell. I have not been told about quotas by the migration agent. Are you speaking of occupation ceiling ? I am a RN by profession. And as far I know my profession has a high occupation ceiling. But what the agent thinks is that mine could be among a few randomly chosen for extra employment and criminal checks. 

Yes you can and if you know the TRN, you can import your application.

If I were representing you and you did that, you would be on your own,.

From my service agreement:

If we are informed that you have contacted relevant authorities directly, without us advising you to do so, we cease to act in your case.

• Like 1

Hi sc333,

We lodged our 190 application (with Victoria nomination) on 1st February 2017 and were assigned a CO with a couple of weeks. All docs and info requested were uploaded by the end of March. We've been waiting for 15 weeks so far since the lodge. No idea what's going on but it is frustrating to say the least as there are so many things that we can't do until the visa is granted.

Which agent are you using?

Edited by Yikes2017
added the bit in brackets

SC333, 

wow you just have serious patience? ? that's an extremely long wait! We're 12 weeks waiting this week and I'm pulling my hair out, can't relax thinking about it. @wrussell if immi were to refuse an application is there a timescale linked to that? Could it go over processing time & still have refusal? 

Why hey am I such a pessimist ? ??

Hi Yikes2017 and Dragonflygecko wish you the best. 

Had been told by my agent that processing has been slowed down by the department. And that its  affecting other applications as well. But not sure if that's for a specific occupation or not. 

Wish you both the best and a faster decision in your cases. 

Regarding the agent, I prefer not to mention his name as this slow processing has nothing to do with him and providing his name could make some  think that he might be incompetent. 

• Like 2

No, I totally understand. The processing delays aren't caused by the agents; they must find it as frustrating as we do! Especially as they are probably hassled constantly for updates by the clients!

All the best to you too. I hope you hear something soon

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi Yikes2017 and Dragonflygecko wish you the best. 

Had been told by my agent that processing has been a slowed down by the department. And that affecting other applications as well. But not sure if that's for a specific occupation or not. 

Wish you both the best and a faster decision in your cases.